TAO’s “Resiliency Series” was created as an opportunity for community members to hear directly from elected officials and key community stakeholders about issues related to the resiliency of our region.
As a national leader on issues relating to education and workforce, science and technology, climate and equity, Congresswoman Bonamici’s interests and expertise dovetail perfectly with many of the priorities of Oregon’s tech sector. Their wide-ranging conversation covered the following topics:
- Modernizing our nation’s workforce system
- Closing the digital divide
- The future of technical education and work
- Efforts to help women to stay in the workforce
- Opportunities for Oregon to strengthen its economic competitiveness in light of the Biden-Harris Administration’s priorities on climate change and diversity, equity and inclusion