Work with TAO
The Technology Association of Oregon (TAO) has a mission to drive technology enablement to create an inclusive, world-class innovation economy in Oregon and SW Washington. TAO and its members believe that technology will play a crucial role in making our communities more resilient, and new markets and opportunities will be created for tech entrepreneurs and workers striving to solve our biggest global challenges. With an environment that fosters continuous learning and improvement, a team that is passionate about our community, embraces high-trust communication and consistently exceeds expectations, TAO is an organization where employees make a big impact.
TAO is seeking to hire a Marketing Coordinator. This is a full-time position that will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Our growing team of five in Portland serves to support an established office in Eugene, activities and programs in Bend, and growing statewide engagement. The right fit for this role, and our team, is someone who is self-motivated, organized, confident, empathetic, hard-working, technically savvy, and always ready to jump in to innovate for improvement. This position will focus on engaging the employees of our member companies in Oregon and SW Washington and other audiences through marketing and communications as well as supporting statewide programming and events, some of which take place outside the Portland Metro area.
TAO welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds with unique experiences, with an emphasis on candidates who are detail-oriented, kind, reliable, and friendly. Strong teams are built from empowered employees and TAO strives to cultivate a welcoming, supportive environment as an equal opportunity employer, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or age.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Work with TAO leadership to identify, define, and execute on year-long marketing, PR and communications strategy
- Development and execution of marketing, PR and communications initiatives for TAO including program and event support, print and digital campaigns, social media, and website content
- Coordinate and execute email and social media content calendar in collaboration with relevant events, membership and advocacy team leads
- Lead annual Techlandia magazine design, development, content generation, publication and advertisement and article sales
- Maintain email lists and respond to comments/messages from social media sites
- Assist with development, design and editing of membership, program and event collateral, materials and other items
- Update content on the website and work with website developers to troubleshoot larger issues
- Running membership campaigns for recruitment of new members and retention of old members leveraging tools and data analytics
- Fulfill partnership agreements for cross-promotional events
- Create marketing collateral associated with events and programming
- Focus on ROI, metrics, increased participation registration and overall brand awareness
- Provide multichannel customer support for internal and external customers
- Assist on miscellaneous projects and tasks related to marketing, membership, and events
Salary, Bonus, and Benefits
Salary will start at $50,000 and will depend upon experience. This position will be eligible for annual bonuses. TAO offers a comprehensive insurance and benefits package, including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance, cell-phone allowance, and generous Paid Time Off (PTO).
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with social media platforms and related tools for managing those platforms
- Excellent project management, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency and attention-to-detail organizing meetings and events
- Ability to be creative and change and adapt plans as needed
- Tech savvy, and a familiarity with Cvent, Salesforce CRM and HTML a plus
- Must be able to work flexible hours and have reliable transportation
Letters of interest and supporting details for how your experience fits within TAO will be accepted until December 10, 2021.
Want to stand out? Below are some ideas on stories we’d like to hear or read about.
- What is something you are proud of accomplishing in your career?
- What excites you about marketing?
- What are unique ways you stay organized when information or details come from multiple directions?
- Describe an experience where you engaged an audience either through words or event programming?
Additional details on TAO, our work, team, and who we serve can be found at techoregon.org
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and letter of interest.10