Become a part of the team behind the team.
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we do more than basketball. We bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. We are pioneers and innovators. We look for people who push boundaries, who dream, who are committed to inclusivity – who want to contribute to Rip City!
As our Web Designer/Front End Developer, you will be central to the Trail Blazers digital ecosystem. You will design and develop web pages, emails, app screens, and more across the organization’s digital portfolio.
- Design, develop, and update web pages for all departments within the organization
- Design emails to support all communication and marketing efforts
- Research new technologies and trends in design and development
- Proactively seek ways to iterate on and improve existing mobile technology
- Assist in transitioning the organization to be digital first
- Utilize software to assist in fan-facing and internal initiatives
- Manage the day-to-day Mobile App experience
WE’D LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Web Development, Graphic Design or other applicable major; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Have 3+ years of related experience working in sports, in-house or an agency environment
- Understanding of UI/UX best practices and trends
- Expert in Adobe CC
- Proficient in online CMS - WordPress and/or Drupal preferred
- Experience designing and maintaining digital products and programs
- Strong communication and able to provide status updates effectively to internal teams and clients
- Self-starter and enjoy a fast-paced environment
Offers of employment are conditional upon the results of a background investigation. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories and review results on an individual basis.
The Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter embraces diversity and inclusion. We celebrate individual expression and uniqueness on our campus. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination. We are committed to hiring individuals that reflect the community we serve without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We invest in our employees inside and outside of work. Our benefits package for full-time teammates includes:
- Competitive Healthcare Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternal & Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off (3 weeks + 11 holidays)
- Wellness Perks
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking + Discounted Mass Transit Passes
- Discounted & Complimentary Tickets
- Ongoing Learning & Development