Working At Extensis // Looking for an established organization with a collaborative and diverse culture that promotes a healthy work/life balance and encourages curiosity and innovation? Look no further. Our Core Values guide our commitment to success through teamwork, accountability, humility and customer focus, and we’re looking for people who share these values to contribute to and share in our success. If this resonates with you, keep reading!
About this Role // The Technical Support Specialist is a critical role on the Extensis Support Team, providing support to our customers. Our team runs in a fast-paced environment, handling calls, emails and chats throughout the day. Our customers success of our products is our number one objective. This role will be a primary support contact for our corporate customers. You will assist by answering client questions in the customer queue by documenting cases, handling email and chat questions, assisting with customer escalations, maintaining knowledge base articles and more. You will also answer questions and provide assistance to members of other internal teams. This role requires a customer mindset, team mentality and curiosity.
What You’ll Do // As a Technical Support Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Maximize the success of our customers by being an advocate for them with our products in office, remotely or in person
- Assist, coach and train customers so they can manage and navigate their applications long-term
- Help customers to drive user adoption of our available online technical resources
- Constantly look for new ways to improve team performance and bring in new ideas
- Document all cases in a customer relation management (CRM) database
- Provide timely updates to the Technical Support Manager regarding customer cases and report new product escalations
- On a rotating basis, be able to work “on-call” in a 24x7 capacity
What You Bring // In addition to a positive attitude, a desire to learn and a passion for what you do, the ideal candidate will also have the following:
- Degree in Technology or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience supporting users in a technical role, via phone, chat, email and using person to person screensharing technologies
- Great attitude and a passion for helping customers resolve their product or website related issues
- Self-motivated and focused when resolving customer issues
- Professional, courteous demeanor in all forms of communication
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt existing knowledge, and be resourceful when difficult issues arise
- Work cooperatively with members of other departments, which includes assisting the sales team with pre-sale and post-sale support
- Timely, responsible, and dependable
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple cases/tickets that will include emails, assisting with product and customer related escalations, and maintaining knowledge base articles
- Ability to maintain detailed case logs with relevant, accurate information
Technical Qualifications // Below is a list of Technical skills and experience that will make you successful in this role:
- Familiarity with CRM and Zendesk or other ticketing systems
- Working experience with Windows and Windows Server operating systems
- Working experience with macOS and Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Practical understanding of modern network concepts (including common network protocols such as: TCP/IP, SMB, AFP, FTP, HTTP, etc.)
- General understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud or other design applications
- Familiarity with Virtual Machines and cloud-based environments
Bonus Points // You’ll stand out from other candidates if you also have any of the following experience:
- Familiarity with Unix and DOS shell commands and scripting
- General understanding of database architectures for Microsoft SQL and/or MySQL Databases.
- Creative technology experience (graphic file formats, graphic design, pre-press workflow)
- General knowledge of computer-based font management, various font formats, and font architecture
- Understanding of digital photography and video
- Metadata standards such as IPTC, EXIF, XMP, etc.…
- Database experience with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle RDBMSs
- Technical Certifications in any of the following areas is desired and helpful for this position: Networking Concepts (CompTIA, MCP, etc.), Microsoft technologies (MCITP, MCSA, etc.), What Apple OS X Server technologies (ACTC, ACSA, etc.)
What We Offer // We take pride in offering a culture that is friendly, fun, diverse and inclusive. In addition to competitive compensation and a rich benefits package, we also offer generous PTO allowance, 11 paid holidays per year, a 401(k) Plan, education reimbursement, access to professional and personal development programs, and paid time off to volunteer to the cause of your choice. We actively promote the importance of balance and wellness, with programs offered throughout the year to support the health of our people. We are honored to be named the #1 Healthiest Employer in Oregon in 2020.