Who are we looking for?
Elm Street Technology is seeking a full-time Technical Support Specialist. Primary responsibilities include technical support and knowledge base content creation on web-based real estate software platforms. The Technical Support Specialist position has wide-ranging responsibilities and will be responsible for front line customer contact when support issues and technical questions arise. This position is responsible for handling inbound service and technical support issues on our software. The successful individual in this role will be a team player who is comfortable working as an individual contributor, and who has a passion for working in the tech industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and own ongoing communication from user initiated requests.
- Prioritize and focus efforts within the customer base providing ongoing assistance to new and existing customers.
- Consistently make sound, timely decisions toward agreed upon personal, company, and departmental/team objectives and goals.
- Reliably demonstrate good judgement by considering relevant factors and applying good practices and methodology to decision making.
- Provide customers with ongoing user education and assistance.
- Provide assistance with new client implementation.
- Deliver high quality and timely resolutions to users on a daily basis.
- Produce new documentation and knowledge base articles for technical and non-technical users.
Where? When? How much?
The office location for the Technical Support Specialist position is in Eugene, Oregon. Due to Covid-19, temporary work from home precautions are in place. This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, with some overtime possible. The starting salary range is $37,000-$45,000 per year depending on experience.
Why work with us?
- Sustainability + Startup Pivotability: Collaborative environment focused on input and creative ideas from all team members for company growth
- A full suite of benefits choices to fit your needs with 100% company-paid employee only premiums: Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability, Health Savings Accounts with a company match, Flexible Spending Accounts, etc.
- Generous 401(k) plan: Earn a 50% company match on your contribution
- Positive Culture: Numerous tools in place for assisting employee growth
- Recharge: 80 hours vacation + 32 hours discretionary time + 24 hours floating holiday = 136 hours of PTO to start with PLUS 8 company-wide paid holidays. Earn more PTO at your 2 year anniversary and beyond.
- Make a positive impact: Our solutions help grow clients’ businesses
- Must have working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience in a SAAS support environment is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to organize and present technical material in an easily understood manner both verbally and written.
- High energy, positive attitude, with the ability to think creatively on their feet and handle multiple priorities.
- Someone who turns issues into opportunities.
- Technical experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of all web based developer plug-ins, browsers and operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress plugins, design and development.
- Fluent in Spanish language a plus, but not required, for our Spanish-speaking customers