Tripwire (a Belden Company) is a leading provider of security, compliance and IT operations solutions for enterprises, industrial organizations, service providers and government agencies. Tripwire solutions are based on high-fidelity asset visibility and deep endpoint intelligence combined with business context; together these solutions integrate and automate security and IT operations. Tripwire’s portfolio of enterprise-class solutions includes configuration and policy management, file integrity monitoring, vulnerability management, log management, and reporting and analytics. Learn more at tripwire.com, get security news, trends and insights at tripwire.com/blog or follow us on Twitter @TripwireInc.
Tripwire (a Belden Company) is just one of the many brands that make up Belden’s impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 10,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world’s best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.
As a member of the product leadership team, this Technical Product Manager role is responsible for guiding the evolution of the Tripwire security and compliance products focused on Operational Technology (OT), particularly for customers in discrete or process manufacturing.
The Technical Product Manager works with stakeholders inside and outside of Tripwire & Belden to form solutions to critical user and market problems; stakeholders include: Strategic Product Managers, User Experience Designers, Architects, Services and Support engineers and (most importantly) customers. The TPM drives alignment across the org to bring products to market. The successful candidate will provide leadership to the engineering team by articulating customer needs, facilitating the requirements of solutions, prioritizing investments, and negotiating trade-offs. This particular assignment will need to empathize with customers working in the Operational Technology (OT) and Information Technology (IT) spaces with Cybersecurity concerns.
- Serve as a contributing member of Tripwire's R&D leadership team.
- Define work items to partners in R&D to correspond with the priorities of the Industrial Cybersecurity business including a primary responsibility towards software products with hardware products a secondary responsibility.
- Supplement the product management teams in portfolio management, customer-facing analysis and customer communication.
- Partner with User Experience professionals to define feature goals, value and design.
- Provide leadership to development teams through the articulation and prioritization of a product backlog.
- Translate functional and nonfunctional requirements into written epics, user stories, and detailed acceptance criteria.
- Manage, prioritize and sequence backlog for assigned programs and products.
- Support teams to groom the product backlog so that stories are sized appropriately and have enough definition for accurate estimation.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, development and design teams to derive appropriate acceptance criteria.
- Communicate the functionality and value delivered by the product. Sell the value up, down, and across in a distributed organization.
- Represent the customer during implementation to help the team deliver valuable solutions.
- Identify areas of process improvement and potential solutions, and effectively participate in approved process improvements initiatives.
Required Skills and Experience
Successful Technical Product Managers have a variety of different backgrounds and skills. The successful applicant to this role will have some of the following:
- Applicable industry experience in one of more of the following: IT-security, InfoSec and/or Cybersecurity, Software Development, Industrial Control Systems (ICS), Operational Technology (OT), SCADA. There is a strong preference for ICS/OT experience in discrete or process manufacturing.
- Technical aptitude to pick up on new and complex concepts.
- Ability to context switch and handle high cognitive load.
- Experience working on or around a commercial software development team, utilizing Agile software development practices, is a plus.
- Experience in a product management role such as a technical product manager, product manager, product owner, business analyst, or relevant transferable professional experience is highly valued.
- Proven ability to self-manage and drive results; organize, prioritize, manage your own time and focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, occasionally flexing up to 25% travel during non-pandemic times.
At Tripwire (a Belden Company) our culture is one where you perform at your best, where you trust your teammates, and where work doesn’t feel so much like work. We recognize and appreciate the contribution of all our employees. We value customer service, working with teams and thriving in an environment of continuous change. We play to win!
Tripwire (a Belden Company) provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status. national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions or any other condition of employment or career development.