Our client will be hiring a Technical Product Manager with deep technical capability (hardware), and a passion for role of energy storage in unlocking our clean energy future.
This position will be primarily hardware focused, so having a solid understanding of energy storage systems, power systems, and inverter technology is important. The ideal candidate likely has a degree in electrical or power systems engineering (preferred).
The role is hands on, reports directly to the Director of Technical Product Management, and assists with developing, refining, and advancing battery energy storage technology for use in the next generation of the grid.
Our client is ideally looking for someone to relocate to Portland, Oregon. They are open to 100% remote (US only).
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this role***
- Translate product roadmap and strategy into detailed requirements which the Hardware and Software Engineering teams can develop into prototypes and ultimately products
- Translate market requirements and use cases into detailed requirements that the QA Team can test against and determine if the product goals are being technically met
- Evangelize for the customer, particularly their technical needs, and get team buy in on the direction using evidence-based decision making
- Identify product capability gaps for internal and external customers and quantify the value of filling those gaps so they can be appropriately prioritized for development
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
Screening Questions to Consider:
Tell me about a Hardware product that you’ve taken from concept to launch.
Tell me about a significant and challenge project that you've work on where the customer was thrilled with the end result.
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Product Manager (Hardware).
- Solid understanding of energy storage systems, power systems, and inverter technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or power systems engineering (preferred)
- Deep technical knowledge of li-ion batteries and the grid-scale energy storage industry
- Knowledge of embedded engineering/firmware
- Python scripting
- Experience with electricity market optimization