Huron helps its clients drive growth, enhance performance and sustain leadership in the markets they serve. We partner with higher education organizations to develop strategies and implement solutions that enable the transformative change our clients need to own their future. Together, we empower clients to drive innovation, create sustainable funding streams and deliver better student outcomes.
Today, leaders of higher education institutions and academic medical centers are spending too much time reacting to market forces, rather than focusing on the essential priorities that help students, faculty and staff thrive. The most productive path forward requires an intentional approach and innovative thinking, whereby stakeholders across the entire institution rally around a shared vision and embrace the hard work of effecting change.
You’ll help our clients create their future business and technology strategy, attract, retain and graduate students, decrease operating expenses and increase revenue, optimize research operations and improve employee satisfaction, financial management, operational and organizational effectiveness, research administration, and regulatory compliance.
Join our team as the expert you are now and create your future.
As a Technical Consultant, you will play an integral role in the configuration and deployment of client applications. You will use your technology skills to implement web-based applications and collaborate with clients to leverage the latest industry and technology best practices. Our Technical Consultants participate in the definition and development of the requirements and detailed design for the customer-specific application, allowing you to gain valuable, hands-on consulting experience.
You’ll be part of the Huron Higher Education team with opportunities to collaborate, learn and grow while impacting some of the most prestigious higher education and research institutions.
Let’s get to work – together.
- U.S. work authorization is required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a closely related field; OR equivalent programming/development experience
- A minimum of 1 year of hands-on web application development/programming experience using:
- Database technology and SQL/query design, preferably using Microsoft SQL Server
- HTML or XML
- Source code control technology and process
- Willingness to work out of Chicago, IL, Hillsboro, OR, or Minneapolis, MN on as needed basis
- Programming (C++, C#, PHP or Java)
- Prior Testing or Quality Assurance experience
- Willingness to travel up to 20% on an as needed basis