Oregon’s largest and most active venture capital fund is seeking a partner-track technical associate to scout, research, select, and advise portfolio companies. The technical associate will lead due diligence for prospective investments and contribute to all aspects of the fund, including strategy, marketing, fund raising, operations, investment selection, company advising, and M&A. OVF is committed to providing a supportive, learning-intensive environment, including valuable opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Lead collaborative due diligence efforts involving experts in our fund, community, and nationally to determine if startups meet our criteria for investment. Diligence includes independent research and analysis on a startup’s market, competition, business model, product/innovation, management team, and potential acquirers and investment return.
- Research technology, market, and investing benchmarks and trends; present findings, insights, and recommendations; organize workshops with thought-leaders for the benefit of the fund’s entrepreneurs and investors; lead projects and initiatives that advance the mission and goals of the fund.
- Collaborate with fund investors and community partners to identify and support startups and growth companies who may be candidates for venture funding. Post-pandemic, this will involve representing the fund at evening and weekend events.
- An engineering, science, or technical degree
- 5-yrs work experience or 3-yrs experience + an MBA or similar
- A demonstrated passion for entrepreneurship, innovation, and investing
- A connector and consummate networker who relates well with both entrepreneurs and investors
- Strong organizational, social, communication, technical, research, and analytic skills
- Highly collaborative, outgoing, enthusiastic, and inquisitive
- Tremendous ambition, follow-through, and attention to detail.
Relevant Backgrounds: Ideally, but not limited to:
- Software-centric startup or growth company – eg, engineering or product management
- Venture capital, private equity, investment banking.