Adpearance is a Portland-based, results-driven digital marketing agency that helps businesses to generate the most quality leads possible. We’re well known as the best in automotive and are successfully expanding to more verticals, too.
But that’s what we do. Anyone who is applying deserves to know who we are.
We are the Nerdherd. A group of people who have an innate desire to connect with something bigger than ourselves-- both professionally and personally. Who love to solve problems. Who see the beauty of the mind. Who want to balance work-from-home flexibility with being part of a community. We know we’re a part of something special and want to attract curious minds to make our performance, company, and culture better. The three words our employees most frequently use to describe working at Adpearance: Welcoming. Challenging. Fun.
If that sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, there’s good news. We’re hiring for a Team Lead, Digital Marketing and we’re hoping YOU are a great fit.
You like to work, you’re good at delivering results, and you’ve got the data to prove it. Show us the stats: How you beat performance benchmarks. How you contributed to a successful team. How you won over that impossible client. We’re looking for intrinsically-motivated leaders like you to advance our thinking and make the whole team better.
The Team Lead, Digital Marketing plays a critical role in the organization by driving a team to deliver exceptional results that are in line with both customer and company goals. These results are seen and felt by all parties.
As a Team Lead, you’ll be responsible for having—and developing your team members in—the following skills:
- On-Time, On-Scope Service Delivery: One of the most important daily responsibilities of the Team Lead is to make sure our team members are executing their assignments on-time and on-scope. This is a science and art simultaneously - and involves making sure that we are activating the right people (and their skill sets) at the right time. It also means listening to their needs and being the liaison between them and Adpearance management to ensure we have the right mix and count of Specialists / Coordinators.
- Proactive Service / Process Improvements: We wouldn’t have excellent services if it weren’t for the hard work and expertise of our Marketing Specialists. We need to ensure that our team continues to carry this banner into the future—identifying new opportunities to improve our current services, or appropriate new services that can be introduced for our client-base. All the while providing the team with the venues to share their ideas and/or pain points.
In particular, this role will be responsible for guiding the growth of our Full-Service SEO services and ensuring that our structure, process, documentation, and tools are all aligned to support.
- Internal Organization: You will work with the Marketing Specialists, Digital Marketing Lead, and the Manager, Digital Marketing Specialists alike to ensure that assigned work and responsibilities are easily understood, discoverable, and executable. This means ensuring our teams are adequately trained to use internal tools (such as Confluence, Clarizen, SEO Tools, etc) and that the teams managing those tools receive Specialists’ feedback to improve them.
- Service or Industry Expertise: Whether it’s being the go-to for service recommendations and industry best practices, or being the expert representative for client meetings, you will be a trusted resource for all Adpearance teams.
- Internal Team Collaboration: In order to be successful, you will need to navigate and collaborate across the Technical Solutions team, Strategist team, the Business Development/Sales team, and the management team. This coordination is needed for the overall health and success of the team as a whole.
- Leader and Trainer: As one of the more skilled and experienced members of the team, you will be mentoring, training, and guiding other team members toward best practices. Whether this is as a formal mentor, or by making yourself available, the team should recognize you as a go-to resource for questions and answers.
- Motivator: You will have a team of Specialists that will be looking to you for guidance. Not only for service delivery but on how to achieve their goals and incentives. Listen to them and provide realistic feedback both to them directly and to your Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
You are our ideal Team Lead if:
- You can Lead. People can look to you and know they will get answers. You are there as an advocate, a coach, a trainer, and a listener.
- You are organized and timely. You excel at managing your own workload and can problem solve with other team members trying to manage theirs. Complex projects and fluctuating workloads don’t stress you out; you already know your priorities and what to tackle first—and if you don’t, you have the confidence to ask.
- You can turn feedback into solutions. You welcome feedback. You leverage both successes and failures to improve services and strategy.
- You are a self-starter. You don’t wait for anyone to tell you what to do—you just do it. You present solutions to problems before anyone even realizes the problem existed.
- You communicate clearly and effectively. You are just as comfortable presenting in-person or via phone as writing an email. You understand people and they understand you.
- You can adapt your message. Whether you’re talking to a Manager, a Specialist, or a Strategist, you know how to deliver the right message, at the right time.
- You have a history of success within Adpearance. You’ve proven you can consistently deliver positive results. When clients are frustrated, you can pair that frustration with solutions in the platforms you know like the back of your hand.
- You’re a trusted resource. You have that one thing (or multiple things) you’re the go-to for. When people need a solution, they think of you. When your manager, peers, or other teams need input, they can trust you to have a well-researched and thoughtful answer.
- You have an advanced technical acumen within the role. Not only can you execute on all technical tasks but you look for new skills to learn. You are a resource to the team and can assist in taking a lot of work off the technical team.
- You have an unrelenting attention to detail. We can count on you to deliver error-free work on a consistent basis. You’re proud of your flawless execution.
- You get things done. Issues are addressed before they become problems. You’re a team player and are always willing to step up to the plate or provide a helping hand. Your manager can depend on you to speak up and provide feedback or share ideas in a positive and supportive manner.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of three years experience in digital marketing services
- Experience leading projects or teams is preferred.
- Experience in content and technical SEO preferred
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- Additional benefits including 401k matching, student loan repayment matching, and a subsidy for commuter, internet or cell phone
- Generous PTO days, in addition to paid holidays that incorporate two days to honor and celebrate your heritage, culture, or traditions that matter most to you-- just tell us when!
- We actively work to dismantle bias in our hiring practices, foster cultural inclusivity, and continuously examine policies and practices to ensure equity. We recognize believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion constantly make us better.
- A fast-paced, team-driven culture that helps you grow your career with learning opportunities, autonomy and ownership, and chances to succeed (or fail-- hey, we’ve all learned through failure).
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Adpearance, we believe your ability to build, think creatively, and solve problems is best accessed when you have the freedom to be yourself. Inclusion is not a nice-to-have; it is a must-have. The bedrock of an inclusive culture is our ability to celebrate and harness the unique perspectives our diversity provides in the building process. While an org structure exists to provide clarity around how ideas get communicated, we are all equal as coworkers, and we are committed to careful and continued introspection around how to best be an equitable, fair, and inclusive workplace that celebrates you for being you.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Adpearance is dedicated to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace, which includes unbiased recruiting, hiring, and employment practices. Applicants and employees are treated with respect, and provided opportunities – free of discrimination of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital or parenting status.
Adpearance is not currently sponsoring work visas for this role. Authorization to work in the U.S. is required to be considered.