About the Role
It is first better to get the right people on the bus, the wrong people off the bus, and the right people in the right seats, and then figure out where to drive - Jim Collins
The Talent Development Partner will be a part of the People Team that provides centralized HR services to facilitate CrowdStreet’s growth. You will play a key role in building and maintaining key parts of the company’s Talent Development Programs such as, performance acceleration cycle execution, learning & development prioritization & program delivery, remote work & collaboration, DE&I support, rewards & celebration, engagement experience feedback & action planning and policies that impact the employee experience. You enjoy bringing structure and scale to solve growth challenges. You are eager to join a startup where you can build and develop key aspects of the People function and take ownership of company-wide initiatives.
What You'll Be Doing
- Involvement with annual and quarterly performance management process improvement and execution
- Assess manager and employee development training needs and conduct 1:1/group sessions as needed
- Support bi-annual employee engagement surveys and feedback
- Contribute to the strategy, design, creation and implementation of leadership and management development programs
- Serve as a trusted partner and advisor to employees and managers on employee relation matters
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and provide recommendations for improvements; desire to enhance efficiency whenever possible
- Proactively assess organizational needs and opportunities
- Perform ad-hoc support on HR initiatives as needed
- Be an empathetic partner who actively listens, and provides coaching to employees through complex and confidential situations
- Act as a our cultural ambassador and advocate who amplifies our company values
What We Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of HR Generalist experience with at least 1 year of HR program delivery
- HR exposure/experience in multiple aspects of HR including performance management, employee relations, employee engagement, learning & development and employee experience
- Excellent verbal and written communicator; collaborator who creates strong partnerships with peers, cross-functional stakeholders, external partners and the rest of the People team
- Ability to handle sensitive employee matters and difficult situations with extreme poise, discretion and confidentiality at all times and exhibit good judgment
- Ability to work independently with little direction, anticipate and solve practical problems and resolve issues, take initiative and overcome obstacles to get the job done
- Experience with fast paced start-up environment preferred
- Portland, Austin or Remote (US only) located
Working at CrowdStreet
Over the past seven years CrowdStreet has established itself as the leading online marketplace for institutional-quality commercial real estate investment. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in private real estate offerings. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
Since launching its marketplace in 2014 CrowdStreet has enabled investors to select and directly invest into specific commercial real estate offerings on the marketplace. Then in early 2019 CrowdStreet launched its own branded investment products and services which consisted of configured blended portfolios, strategic funds, and separately managed accounts to make it easier for investors (clients) to participate in the offerings. We also launched our own Registered Investment Advisor (CrowdStreet Advisors) under which these products and services reside.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to be an early adopter of ‘Work where you work best’ and are now enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.