LightPoint is a growing Managed Service Provider (MSP) and we need an experienced Tier 3 Systems Engineer to join our team. We are looking for a team member that has great people skills, a strong ability to develop client solutions, someone who is curious and continues to develop their skills as well as proven superior technical experience.
You must have the skills and desire to be the best Tier 3 Engineer on the planet. The Senior Tier 3 position is the anchor of LightPoint’s service and project delivery teams. Your time will be spent on troubleshooting, solving complex IT infrastructure issues, consulting with clients on strategic IT decisions, developing solutions and executing projects. You will become an expert understanding the hardware, software and systems that our clients have on site. You will provide technical guidance and direction to your teammates as they work to solve support issues. You will be the “go-to” person for specific technology solutions for our clients, and you will become their trusted advisor. A quiet home office and a solid internet connection are required. You will use Microsoft Teams chat and Teams meetings to collaborate with your coworkers. You will track your time and client interactions in an industry standard MSP ticketing system.
Responsibilities will range from support, install, and troubleshooting of backup software, cloud technology, server infrastructure, domain hosting, visualization software, migrations, wireless access points, and Microsoft licensing.
Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and a team player perspective is required. You must have exceptional problem-solving skills, an aptitude for critical thinking and be able to maintain strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations.
Qualified candidates will have:
Senior level of experience in architecting, supporting and troubleshooting Windows operating systems, end user applications, cloud applications, migrations, domain hosting and all types of IT hardware and software infrastructure. Daily task will include designing, troubleshooting and configuring server hardware, network hardware, server operation systems, off the shelf applications, backups, VPN connections, Active Directory administration, and O365 administration. This role is client facing, both via remote means and in person; suitable business appearance and professional demeanor is required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve T3 level client support request via phone, remote connection tools and in person.
- Serve as an escalation point for Peers at all levels on technical issues
- Find root cause and proactive solutions to problems to solve issues before they impact clients.
- Provide a high level of customer service; go “above and beyond” with our clients.
- Participate in and complete internal and customer facing IT projects.
- Participate in creating technology solutions for client IT, business and organizational needs.
- Work with LightPoint leadership and the T3 team to administer, maintain, upgrade and leverage in house MSP tools.
- Maintain ticket queue and ticket performance in compliance with LightPoint SLA.
- Log a minimum of 7.5 hours per day of Support, project, or internal project tasks.
- Maintain impeccable client documentation.
- Migrate IT infrastructure onto a cloud-based system such as AWS or Azure.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Assist researching security enhancements and make recommendations to management; stay up-to-date on information technology trends in security standards.
- Maintains a leadership role, building positive relationships and communicating effectively with all co-workers, clients and vendors.
- Occasional travel to Portland, Salem, Bend and Hood River and other pacific northwest locations as needed.
- 12+ years of overall IT infrastructure experience.
- 8+ years in a T3 Systems Engineer, Network Engineer, Consulting Engineer, or similar role.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- 8+ years’ experience with Microsoft Windows based desktop and server operating systems.
- 8+ years’ experience with Hyper-V and/or VMWare virtualization technologies.
- Ability to design, install, maintaining and troubleshoot on prem server, SAN, NAS and equipment.
- 8+ years’ experience in troubleshooting server, network, and application problems.
- 4+ years’ experience with Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- 4+ years’ experience in building and maintaining Azure IaaS, PaaS, AD Sync, and Hybrid environments to include backups, site connections, Hot/Hot and Hot/Cold redundancy deployments.
- 4+ years’ experience in provisioning and maintaining WAN connectivity to include ISP, VPN, Point to Point, and SDWAN technologies.
- 4+ years’ experience in building and maintaining on-prem backup solutions.
- 4+ years’ experience in monitoring system – installing, configuring, or administering endpoints and alerts.
- Have strong knowledge and experience in IT security protocols and applications.
- Demonstrated IT infrastructure project work.
- Excellent customer service skills and phone skills.
- Professional presence on the phone and in person.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must pass a background check.
- Experience with configuring and maintaining connections with BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP protocols.
- Experience in provisioning and administering VoIP phone solutions.
- Experience in administering security hardware and software systems.
- MSP or Multi-Tenant IT support experience.
- Healthcare IT experience.
- EMR/EHR or HIPAA experience.
- Azure 300 level certifications.
- MCSE Core Infrastructure.
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE.
General Physical Requirements:
- Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs. Occasional lifting of 30-60 lbs.
- Occasional-to-regular kneeling, bending, stooping to perform installations.
If you meet key qualifications for the job, and believe you would be the best fit, we would encourage you to apply; please use your cover letter to explain how you will accomplish parts of the job for which you have less experience. All candidates considered for employment will be asked to submit personal information for a background check.
- An opportunity to learn and grow as a person and professional
- A supportive team-based environment
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive Compensation, Profit Sharing, 401K Match
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year