It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
As our Systems Engineer, you will own the infrastructure and servers that host our SaaS solution that support thousands of companies worldwide. You will be working as part of a small, dedicated, hands-on team of system professionals to ensure a positive experience for our customers while making strong technical business decisions as part of a larger team.
Our environment is fast paced and requires an outstanding commitment to customer service, a thirst to learn anything and everything possible about technology and a desire to make a difference. NAVEX Global is one of the fastest growing companies supporting customers around the world; we believe great things are waiting for you on our team!
We Offer You:
- A collaborative, thriving organization with constant growth potential and strong brand recognition
- An inclusive work environment centered around personal growth, career development and mentors dedicated to your success at every level
- Competitive pay and benefits that matter, including the time and flexibility for a balanced lifestyle
- Opportunity to be mentored by senior engineers
- Our team shares a passion for automation and learning new technologies
What You Will Do:
- Deploy and manage Windows and/or Linux servers
- Build, support and troubleshoot IIS, Tomcat or Apache web servers
- Automate the deployment of servers and applications
- Provide application support, patch management, performance tuning and monitoring for our SaaS products
- Monitor systems, review logs and manage system backups
- Work closely with our DevOps team to deploy code
- Own your system and application documentation for process improvement
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation with some off-hour and weekend support
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; IT Certification desired
- 3+ years of web server experience with 2+ years VMware experience with administration, configuration, performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience hosting a SaaS application
- Hands-on experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems including troubleshooting all aspects of the server Operating environment
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN network architecture, TCP/IP, protocols and best practices
- The ability to learn new systems and technologies quickly
- Ability to coordinate projects and work assignments with minimal supervision, managing multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated with outstanding organization skills and attention to detail
Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, 2012, or 2016, Linux (Red Hat, Centos)
- Hypervisor: VMware
- Configuration Management: Puppet, Puppet Enterprise
- Monitoring and Logging: Nagios, Check_MK, ElasticSearch, Logstash
- Web Servers:-IIS, Apache/Tomcat
- Single Sign-On: ADFS, SAML
- Networking: Firewalls, routing, switching, VLANs
- Load Balancers: F5, Citrix, Apache
- Version Control: GitLab, Git, Subversion
- OS Deployment: VMWare Orchestrator, Puppet Razor
- Enterprise Storage Protocols: CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, FC
- Scripting: Python, Bash, Ruby, Powershell
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!