Staff Software Engineer - B2B Commerce
This job is being posted to the TAO job board because it is potentially open to remote candidates. Feel free to contact me if you’d like to learn about Optimizely before applying. I am a PDX-based remote Optimizely employee. Josh.Schoonmaker@Optimizely.com
Optimizely is focused on unlocking digital potential and we are the recognized category leader in Digital Experience Platform (DXP) and created the category for A/B Testing and experimentation software. We have incredible customers – isn’t that one of the most important aspects of looking for your next job? Optimizely has over 9,000 brands from global organizations such as Visa, Sky, Yamaha, Wall Street Journal to tech innovators like Atlassian, DocuSign, FitBit and Zillow.
Not only are we financially sound and growing but we have unicorn status: Exceeded $300M in revenue in 2020, is profitable already, and has all strategic options ahead of itself. Optimizely continues to invest and addresses a market opportunity north of $30 billion, providing significant personal career growth opportunities.
We are an inclusive culture with a global team of 1200+ people across the US, Europe, Australia, and Vietnam. We blend European and American business culture with emphasis on teamwork, inclusion, and moving fast. People make the difference!
If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, apply! We’re just getting started...
Join the R&D team in Minneapolis, MN. As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a team of engineers passionate about building quality solutions to complex problems. You’ll contribute your talents to Optimizely’s B2B Commerce application that is deployed in a SaaS environment and offers unlimited extensibility.
The role provides a broad exposure to new technologies in an environment that encourages skills and career growth and promotes a solid work-life balance. Join Optimizely’s engineering team at a pivotal growth point and help take our products to the next level.
- Build full-stack web applications and services with a variety of languages, including but not limited to C#, TypeScript, and React.
- Develop simple, secure, scalable, and maintainable software solutions
- Ensure product quality by developing and applying thorough automated testing techniques
- Deploy, monitor, and maintain cloud-based applications and services
- Collaborate with team and stakeholders to deliver high value solutions
- Mentor junior members of the team in software design and deployment best practices
- Contribute to architecture and design decision process
- Become expert in various areas of the application
- Grow your skills as a member of a dynamic team that prides itself on maintaining an awareness of the state of technology, engineering techniques, and best practices
- Passion for building clean, high quality software
- Self-motivated, thorough, and methodical
- Openness to new techniques and technologies
- Enthusiasm for continued education and personal growth
- 5+ years of application development experience on .NET or equivalent frameworks
- 5+ years of experience developing and deploying REST & GraphQL APIs and linq
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database technologies, such as SQL Server and Elasticsearch desired
- Expose to ERP systems and business concepts around complex business to business transactions a plus
- Experience building and deploying applications to cloud platforms
- Familiarity with microservices and containers
- Strong debugging skills and a methodical approach to problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, relevant field of study or direct experience
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Fluency in both written and spoken English