Staff Site Reliability Engineer
This job is being posted to the TAO job board because it is potentially open to remote candidates. Feel free to contact me if you’d like to learn about Optimizely before applying. I am a PDX-based remote Optimizely employee. Josh.Schoonmaker@Optimizely.com
Optimizely is focused on unlocking digital potential and we are the recognized category leader in Digital Experience Platform (DXP) and created the category for A/B Testing and experimentation software. We have incredible customers – isn’t that one of the most important aspects of looking for your next job? Optimizely has over 9,000 brands from global organizations such as Visa, Sky, Yamaha, Wall Street Journal to tech innovators like Atlassian, DocuSign, FitBit and Zillow.
Not only are we financially sound and growing but we have unicorn status: Exceeded $300M in revenue in 2020, is profitable already, and has all strategic options ahead of itself. Optimizely continues to invest and addresses a market opportunity north of $30 billion, providing significant personal career growth opportunities.
We are an inclusive culture with a global team of 1200+ people across the US, Europe, Australia, and Vietnam. We blend European and American business culture with emphasis on teamwork, inclusion, and moving fast. People make the difference!
If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, apply! We’re just getting started...
Site Reliability Engineers at Optimizely are focused on making Optimizely the most reliable, performant, and trustworthy Digital Experience Optimization platform ever! Our engineering teams have built data pipelines that process 10 billion events daily and applications that support powerful experimentation and collaboration workflows at scale. Our platforms are built on AWS and GCP. We use technologies such as Cloudflare Workers, Akamai, PostgreSQL, and Honeycomb. We build and manage our systems using tools such as Travis CI, Jenkins, Docker, and Terraform This is a unique opportunity to lead the engineering organization in areas of state-of-the-art observability, service-oriented architectural excellence, and forward-looking planning and execution of large technical projects.
As a Staff Site Reliability Engineer you will:
- Assist with defining a roadmap for all engineering teams to utilize fully automated, self-service, highly scalable, cost-efficient, observable, auditable and reliable infrastructure services as standard practice
- Work on the execution of this roadmap across the engineering organization, collaborating with SREs and senior engineers across engineering while also performing hands-on work on the most critical challenges
- Provide expert technical guidance and ongoing engineering design review to teams planning and implementing large migrations, service-oriented architecture, broad architectural shifts, and capacity growth
- Build a metrics-driven operational culture standardizing our practices for SLO definition and review as well as for logging, monitoring, alerting, and on-call practices
- Make iterative improvements to blameless incident management processes, root cause analyses, outage prevention, and service recovery strategies across the engineering organization
- Partner closely with security, quality, and product teams to achieve high priority security, privacy, compliance, reliability and business-continuity objectives on our overall roadmap
- Propose and drive large improvements to production systems to achieve significant impact to our business and engineering teams
- Mentor and coach engineers to be curious and effective at discovering and solving technical challenges
- Participate in SRE 24/7/365 on-call rotation
You’ll be successful if:
- You have proven experience (7-10years) demonstrating hands-on technical leadership and business impact in combining software engineering skills with systems engineering skills to solve complex automation and reliability challenges
- You have deep technical experience with various cloud providers, containerization technologies, automated deployment frameworks, orchestration frameworks, monitoring, logging, alerting, system internals, networking, databases, distributed systems, and service-oriented architecture
- You have the skills to implement load, stress, performance and reliability testing standards at scale to improve service, platform and infrastructure resiliency
- You promote openness, diversity of opinions and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems
- You demonstrate clear decision making and good trade-offs in complex situations comprising multiple opinions, needs, teams, technologies, cloud providers, and architectural settings
- Multiple Cloud experience (AWS, GCP and Azure)
- Monitoring expertise with DataDog, New Relic, Nagios
- CDN experience is very desirable
- AWS IAM, networking, security, architecture and general expertise a must
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from executives to junior engineers across the breadth and depth of the engineering organization
- You exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and the milestones to get there
- You enable the engineering organization to innovate and deliver with greater speed and safety
- Proven experience demonstrating hands-on business impact in combining software engineering skills with systems engineering skills to solve complex automation and reliability challenges
- Proficiency in more than one programming language or infrastructure automation tool including any of: Python, Java, Bash, Terraform, Chef, or similar
- Monitoring expertise (Any of DataDog, New Relic, Nagios, Honeycomb, or similar)
- ELK stack for centralized logging
- AWS IAM, networking, security general expertise a must
- Ability to proactively look at all systems, tools, processes and architectures with an open mind and make recommendations on scale, reliability, availability and automation is key