Our client will be hiring a Sr Mechanical Engineer with SolidWorks expertise and experience running projects from concept to production. This position will lead large- and small-scale design projects using internal and external resources to accomplish project deliverables. Generate engineering design and validation requirements from internally generated product requirements. Provide design guidance and requirements while working collaboratively with a team of mechanical, electrical, and electronic engineers both locally and in China on the development and support of large-scale battery energy storage systems. A proven ability to drive projects to completion, strong design and engineering skills, and ability to manage projects within budget and timeline constraints are all keys to success.
This company has increased from 40 employees to 130+ in the past 18 months!
***We are unable to work with 3rd party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
- Knowledge of or experience with technologies including injection molding, thermoforming, blow molding, metal fabrication, welding, casting, extrusion and more
- Design and engineering of complex assemblies and sophisticated system level products including electrical, software, and mechanical components and integration
- Collaborate on mechanical design projects locally and with remote engineering teams in China
- Experience with prototyping and iterating on design concepts
- Ability to manage design and development projects from start to completion
- Development and coordination of testing and test fixtures to verify product performance
- Follow Design and Development processes and procedures for conformance to quality management system
- Excellent communication skills that can support Sales and Project site teams and customer requests
- Process and product improvement initiatives to eliminate defects and waste
- Understand and conform to applicable regulatory safety guidance and certification needs as it pertains to our product requirements
- Knowledge of creating and validating structural assemblies
- Understanding of HVAC systems, ducting, and heat transfer principles
- Hands on approach to product design and vendor development
- Development and documentation of assembly methods for new and existing products
- Development of documentation materials for field retrofit kits
- Drawing review and approval for production release
- Quality-driven process documentation including Report Analysis, Product Specification, Test Plan and FMEA
- First article review and approval of components for manufacturing approval
- Comfortable communicating with global suppliers on DFM concerns and troubleshooting issues during production
- 5+ years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer
- Proficient with SolidWorks.
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs.