Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
Software Engineering Manager (Conference)
Cvent is the leading cloud-based enterprise event management platform provider, offering software solutions to event planners for online event registration, venue selection, event management, mobile apps for events, e-mail marketing and web surveys. Our solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
Our Conference product is built by a team of highly driven and skilled individuals, who work primarily in Draper, Utah. We offer a positive, collaborative and open environment where our teams are focused on building features that delight our customers. We service some of the largest events in the world.
For the Software Engineering Manager role, you must have experience with and value managing, leading and mentoring engineers and delivering successful products to market. We are looking for a manager who knows how to help a team succeed in the current initiatives and set the groundwork for innovation and greater performance for our existing platform.
What You Will Be Doing
- Be a key partner in rolling out regular feature releases and keeping our product ahead of the competition.
- Manage a couple of sprint teams of full-stack developers, helping them succeed in their careers and day-to-day work.
- Work closely on new features with Developers, Architects, UX, Product Managers and QA in an Agile environment.
- Help improve the process and output of the sprint teams, working with other teams to find ways to improve outcomes and deliver value.
- Take ownership of components – from design to development, deployment and maintenance.
What You Need for this Position
- Experience leading or mentoring multiple teams of Software Engineers.
- Experience managing Agile sprint teams, being aware of velocity, quality and other metrics.
- Experience with designing, using and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Experience building and supporting high-volume, enterprise grade, client facing products that require high availability and quick issue response.
- Experience scaling and securing applications in AWS.
- Proven track record of delivering enhancements and new products on time and on budget
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science OR related technical discipline. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.