Our client will be hiring a Software Engineering Manager with .NET development background. In this role, you’ll lead a team of 7-8 .NET developers and collaborate with senior stakeholders to understand business goals and ensure that development processes and technologies are aligned with these.
The team is looking for career development, mentoring, training, and general feedback on how to improve their technical skills.
Your work will streamline the delivery of our cloud-based central authentication platform around the world to effortlessly and securely connect guests and residents (and all their devices) to the internet with an at-home-like Wi-Fi experience. Our platform serves a variety of markets from hotels and multi-family residences to cruise ships and more, and every day tens of millions of people benefit from the services we provide.
100% REMOTE is an option (U.S. candidates only).
***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
- Work with other software developers, business analysts, and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain product offerings
- Guide the Engineering team’s development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Analyze and resolve technical and process problems
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and professional development to teammates
- Recruit, onboard and provide ongoing evaluation of professional effectiveness to individual engineers and the teams at large
- Prepare reports and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and leadership
- Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current technologies
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications
- Plan and document technical specifications for features or system design
- Assist development teams in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications
- Write testable, scalable and efficient code and leading code reviews
- Work across functional boundaries to solve architectural and code-design challenges
- Proven experience shipping commercial software product in a small-team oriented environment
- 5+ years of experience leading, mentoring, and growing direct-reports
- Background in C# development and SQL Server database development, writing SQL code, stored procedures
- Experience building scalable SaaS services
- Experience in complex AWS systems with an emphasis on serverless solutions