Software Engineer II - Developer Experience
This job is being posted to the TAO job board because it is potentially open to remote candidates. Feel free to contact me if you’d like to learn about Optimizely before applying. I am a PDX-based remote Optimizely employee. Josh.Schoonmaker@Optimizely.com
Optimizely is focused on unlocking digital potential and we are the recognized category leader in Digital Experience Platform (DXP) and created the category for A/B Testing and experimentation software. We have incredible customers – isn’t that one of the most important aspects of looking for your next job? Optimizely has over 9,000 brands from global organizations such as Visa, Sky, Yamaha, Wall Street Journal to tech innovators like Atlassian, DocuSign, FitBit and Zillow.
Not only are we financially sound and growing but we have unicorn status: Exceeded $300M in revenue in 2020, is profitable already, and has all strategic options ahead of itself. Optimizely continues to invest and addresses a market opportunity north of $30 billion, providing significant personal career growth opportunities.
We are an inclusive culture with a global team of 1200+ people across the US, Europe, Australia, and Vietnam. We blend European and American business culture with emphasis on teamwork, inclusion, and moving fast. People make the difference!
If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, apply! We’re just getting started...
We are looking for a Software Engineer II for our developer experience team. SDKs are a critical component of Optimizely’s experimentation product suite. This team builds the SDKs that power hundreds of millions of unique user experiences such as on-boarding flows, search algorithms, pricing tests, and more. Our solution makes it easy for developers to experiment across all channels (e.g. Web, Mobile, OTT, and server-side) as well as use feature flags to control rollouts of features in customers’ applications.
This is one of the fastest growing products in our portfolio, and your contribution and impact will help us dominate the market! You will be integral in helping us build and grow the platform. Our engineers have the opportunity to master many languages and tech stacks. This is a very exciting time to join fast growing company and help shape this product’s future.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and build SDKs that serve as the primary integration point for developers with our product.
- You’ll be working with the engineering and product team to identify and contribute major features and enhancements to the SDK platform.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to define consistent and clear interfaces, abstractions and implementations of critical features.
- The SDK platform spans multiple programming languages and technical stacks, so you’ll have an opportunity to learn and contribute to many of them.
- This is a developer focused product, so you’ll work closely with our developer evangelists to identify ways to incorporate feedback and make it more successful!
- Join and shape a fast-growing product line with the opportunity to significantly impact key business goals for the company.
You will be successful in this role if:
- You have 2+ years of product development experience.
- You are enthusiastic about learning new languages and enjoy working in a technologically diverse environment.
- You are self-motivated and proactively create partnerships across an organization.
- You find satisfaction in being a force multiplier for your colleagues.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or an equivalent area of study.