SnowShoe, the leading developer of physical presence systems for mobile event authentication is seeking a highly driven Software Engineer to join our passionate team in Portland, Oregon. For a thorough understanding of our business please visit our website: www.snowshoestamp.com
SnowShoe is looking for an experienced Software Engineer focused on analyzing, designing and developing robust software solutions. This includes engineering solutions incorporating third party product integration, enhancing and maintaining the current suite of products, and interacting in a collaborative, positive manner with other team members to ensure complete, on-time delivery of the product.
- Able to work with a small team in a rapidly growing and changing company
- Can translate business requirements into stories and tasks
- Write quality, testable code
- Iterate quickly and ship code frequently
- Be able to identify and run multiple test cases
- Capable of reviewing code from peers and offering constructive feedback
- Quickly identify and troubleshoot issues in production
- Experience with automated code build and deployment
- Build cloud solutions utilizing Microsoft Azure resources
- A thorough understanding of C# and .NET Core
- Knowledge of good database design and usage
- An understanding of NoSQL principles
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Curious about new technologies
- Experience building cloud hosted, scalable web services
- Azure experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience can substitute for earned educational qualifications
- Minimum 4 years experience with C# and .NET
- Minimum 4 years overall experience in developing commercial software
What You Can Expect
SnowShoe will provide you with all of the tools necessary to be successful in this role. We are a small, fun, and extremely passionate team who work collaboratively in order to drive success for the organization.
We utilize an agile software development methodology "loosely based" on SCRUM, but adjusted for the needs of a small team environment. We value having a predictable workload over 2 week sprints, but can quickly pivot as needed. Being a small team, every voice gets heard and no idea is too small if it helps the company.
We work on a standard Monday-Friday schedule with no evening or weekends required. This will initially be a remote position until we return to our downtown Portland office post-Covid.
Compensation will include:
- Base salary commensurate with experience
- Company sponsored health insurance plan
- Generous Paid PTO program
- Stock options
Diversity and Inclusion
SnowShoe is actively seeking diverse candidates from a variety of backgrounds and national origins. We support and encourage applications from historically under-represented groups and from BIPOC populations in and near the city of Portland.
SnowShoe also supports and promotes gender expression of all types. When applying, please specify your pronouns, so that we can assure that we are addressing you appropriately with terms that are appropriate for your stated gender identity.
We believe in diverse teams, and we want you to be able to bring your whole self to our team.