Join our SaaS Product Engineering team! In this role, you’ll work on an AWS cloud-based central authentication platform used by hospitality brands around the world to effortlessly and securely connect their guests and residents (and all their devices) to the internet with an "at-home like" Wi-Fi experience. We're an experienced AWS team moving to cloud-native services and looking for someone who can accelerate our migration out of monolithic, shared storage.
- While focused on the backend, you'll engineer for the full stack of very busy web applications with SPAs and HTTP APIs and well as high-velocity data processing and feature-rich administrative experiences.
- Our APIs and application backend is well-into migrating away from shared SQL Server database, and we need more hands-on extracting DB resident logic (SQL code, stored procedures, etc.) into separate service-oriented storage.
- You will work in collaboration with other developers, product management and UX team members to turn user stories into performant, scalable capabilities, features, services and applications within our ecosystem
- The work crosses functional boundaries to solve architectural and code-design challenges
- Your opinions and work will demonstrate excellent service design and operational practices; and you'll be a champion for decisions.
- Will scale and make a difference in the long term
- Adapt to fluid development process that matches the work at hand (agile inspired)
- 5+ years of experience of development in C# with substantial experience in data management systems and storage design
- 3+ years SQL Server database development, writing SQL code, stored procedures
- Substantial data-mapping experience with Entity Framework, DynamoDB SDK, and object and blob storage in general
- Experience with using RESTful APIs, and designing and implementing them
- Experience in complex AWS systems with an emphasis on serverless (no reserved capacity and minimal operational overhead).
- Proven experience shipping product as part of a small-team environment
- Experience building scalable cloud services
- Strong customer and end-user focus
- Experience developing with analytics, reporting and data visualization technologies
- Experience with data stream processing and message queues
- Familiarity with front-end web technology, SPA, static delivery and infrastructure (CDN, caching, etc.)
- Experience with security incident response, and privacy and security compliance
Below are just a few ways we’re making life better for the Eleven team
- We are an Oregon top workplace for 2020 with special accolades for flexibility!
- Regular company meetings to transparently share our performance to our goals
- Periodic events that bring our folks together to team-build and have some fun (virtual & in person)
- Always asking for and acting on employee feedback to keep our culture strong
- A team-oriented environment focused on success and collaboration
- Annual reviews with performance-based merit increases
- “Balanced Time Off” policy that doesn’t track PTO (take it as you need it) and includes paid sabbaticals & parental leave
- Flexible remote work options with company-wide collaboration on Slack and Google
- Corporate headquarters in the heart of downtown Portland, OR (dog-friendly!)
- Great medical/dental/vision benefits, covered nearly 100% for employees and partially for families
- 401k matching with full vesting after 1 year
- Stock options available and granted upon board approval
- Mac, Windows or Linux... your choice
Eleven is an Equal Opportunity employer and will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or protected veteran status. It is our policy to prohibit workplace harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of protected status. We are committed to creating a respectful and professional work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation and that promotes employment opportunities.
Still want to know more about us? We’re flattered. Learn more about our company and products at www.elevensoftware.com.