In the movie Inception, it was a “dream within a dream” for the skilled team of scientists, architects, and conmen. For SAIF’s IT team of engineers, analysts, testers, and designers, it’s software within software.
We’re seeking a software developer in test (SDET) to work with business analysts, developers, and other quality assurance testers throughout a product’s development cycle to ensure software quality. You’ll develop test automation code in a hybrid cloud environment and thoroughly test our systems to identify faulty components, continually checking for vulnerabilities to ensure SAIF is providing our customers and staff with the best digital products, enhancing the customer experience.
You’ll write test plans, automation scripts, and test cases, while also performing manual testing as needed, directly correlated with our quality assurance strategy, helping the team evade potential issues while preventing any potential impact on our customers. You’ll need to be resourceful, creative, a strong communicator, and able to thrive in a team environment. Knowledge and experience with programming languages and version control systems are a must.
This is a unique role on our talented IT team that’s collaborative, cross-functional, and forward-thinking. If you want to help them perform impressive feats, consider joining SAIF as an SDET.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a software quality assurance program, helping to define test methodologies and standards to meet organizational test and quality assurance needs.
- Design, write, document, and test automation programs and processes.
- Perform software testing, including manual testing, that meets team and organizational quality assurance standards for moderately complex software applications.
- Develop moderately complex test strategies and create appropriate test harnesses and automation systems.
- Collaborate with business analysts, software development engineers, and other team members throughout the software development lifecycle to understand system requirements, usage scenarios, boundary conditions, and acceptance criteria.
- Proficient with test automation tools and share knowledge of automation best practices with IT development teams. Mentor others in enhancing automated testing skills.
- Conduct performance, security, load, and other testing required by the team, creating needed test data, using automation to enhance our performance.
- Create test plans, test cases, and test scripts, and evaluate the outcomes and recommend solutions in support of your team.
- Research, evaluate, and provide technical enhancements to quality assurance processes and systems.
- Design, write, document, and test moderately complex programs in adherence with SAIF’s software development methodology and standards.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, revise, and test existing systems, repairing defects to ensure products continue to meet customer and partner needs.
- Plan, manage, and complete assignments timely. Provide status updates to team and supervisor.
The following qualifications are recommended:
- Three or more years of experience in software development for testing and test automation.
- Two or more years of software development experience.
- Knowledge of programming languages, database concepts, and product, data and user interface design principles.
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field.
- Other combinations of education and experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the work will also be considered.
To receive consideration, please go to www.saif.com/careers and submit your resume as soon as possible as we are actively reviewing candidates. This position will remain open until filled.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
We provide preference to qualifying and disabled veterans. For more information please visit saif.com/veterans.
Since 1914, SAIF has been taking care of injured workers, helping people get back to work, and keeping rates low by focusing on workplace safety. Together with our partners, we strive to make Oregon the safest and healthiest place to work.
SAIF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in its workplace.