Avant Assessment is a global leader in developing and delivering online tests of language proficiency and the technology for online testing. Avant spun out of the University of Oregon in 2001 and is a family company owned by the company’s managers and the University of Oregon Foundation.
Avant’s proficiency tests are used across the world to measure student learning outcomes, illustrate program quality, and create a path to the Seal of Biliteracy. We are recruiting a software developer to create and maintain in-house software. The successful candidate will work as part of an agile team to create a robust microservices platform to enable the company to expand Avant’s offerings in the expert-augmented testing space.
- Develop and implement new software programs
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Work as part of a team to communicate ideas and methods, and to build best practices.
- Test and maintain software product to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- SQL database and the use of JSON objects in SQL databases such as PostgreSQL
- Code Repository Tools such as Git
- Coding procedures such as code reviews and unit testing
- Writing API endpoints
- Unix operations such as compiling and running programs at the command line
- Programming frameworks such as Spring Boot, React
- Kotlin programming
- C#/TSQL programming
- Ticketing system such as Jira
- ORM such as Hibernate