We're looking for an exceptional and empathetic engineer to join our successful and highly motivated team, to deliver cutting-edge technology to our clients, and participate in decisions which directly impact our future trajectory. The ideal candidate would be an Enterprise Java expert, with experience working in data analysis and engineering. You’ll do everything from writing code to sharing your knowledge with other developers at SheerID through code reviews, documentation, technical show-and-tells and group learning sessions.
As SheerID continues to grow, you’ll have the opportunity to grow with the company. Experience might include developing software utilizing SOA’s built upon protocols, standards and interfaces to facilitate interoperability between disparate systems. It will require experience building SaaS applications and understanding their operations and maintenance. You will work with modern tools and framework becoming an expert at the technology needed to get the job done.
This position cares deeply about the experience and satisfaction of the user. You’ll be responsible for working with our sales teams, quality assurance and release engineers to ensure that the products you develop are fast, reliable and well tested. They will possess a natural eye and passion for using good design principles to deliver web experiences that delight and empower users. They will enjoy collaborating with and learning from other developers in a team environment. You should be comfortable writing and maintaining tests using testing frameworks, building quality software and believing quality is everyone’s responsibility.
Our customers love us for it. Our Net Promoter Score is 70, which is a testament to the value we create and how highly the company values our customers and end users. We provide a frictionless experience and high-quality results for millions of verifications every month, attracting new customers, and building loyalty and longevity in every customer relationship.
We sell our product to marketers and big brands, but serve the end consumer equally, making it easier for deserving populations (Students, Teachers, Nurses, Seniors, Military members, First Responders, etc) to access special offers in a way that protects their data privacy.
Role Specific Job Duties
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university. Preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field / equivalent experience.
- Java EE
- 3+ years of software design and development
- Experience with Git/version control
- Strong logic and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of industry standards and best practices.
- Passion for delivering strong, dependable code.
- Passion for exploring new development platforms, languages, and methodologies.
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as a demonstrated ability to work on a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to work with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Able to work under minimal supervision with latitude for independent judgement.
- Title adjusted based on experience
Required Skills / Experience
- Experience with Big Data, Data Science, or Stream Processing
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, and DevOps
- Experience with Machine Learning and AI
- Experience with Swagger and REST
- Familiarity with Jenkins or similar distributed build systems
- Execute full software development life cycle
- Design and deploy software applications using Python, Java, Mongo, Kafka, and AWS
- Design, develop, and maintain REST web services and web applications
- Create and maintain data pipeline architecture
- Integrate a diverse set of back-end platforms to support maintainable, scalable, and modular client-side architecture
- Write unit and integration tests for new and existing code
- Write/maintain documentation for clients, data partners, and other team members
- Contribute to our collective brainpower through innovation and peer review
- Automate tasks and build tools that make SheerID more productive and efficient
- Continually seek and research an evolving data landscape
Why join SheerID?
- Be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in the Pacific Northwest and take advantage of the unique opportunity to develop, lead, and grow a world-class engineering organization
- We are a well-funded company with 200+ customers, including global brands like Google, Amazon, and Spotify
- We offer competitive salary, equity, 401k matching, full benefits, work-from-home culture, cool office spaces in Eugene and downtown Portland, company off-site, snacks, happy hours and the list goes on!
- Work with a world-class technology team who has the opportunity to advance the world of data privacy, digital trust, and identity
SheerID is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all candidates and employees. SheerID believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.