It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
At NAVEX Global, we create better workplaces by combining innovative people and industry-leading technology that allow companies to build and promote ethical cultures. We are one of the fastest growing companies supporting customers around the world; we believe great things are waiting for you on our team!
As our Senior Systems Engineer, you will be a lead technical resource on the Hosting Operations team. You will be responsible for the full lifecycle of your projects, systems solution engineering, capacity planning, monitoring, performance optimization, daily maintenance tasks and reporting.
Our environment is fast paced and requires an outstanding commitment to customer service, a thirst to learn anything and everything possible about technology and a desire to make a difference. NAVEX Global is one of the fastest growing companies supporting customers around the world; we believe great things are waiting for you on our team!
We Offer You:
- An innovative organization that is secure, growing and thriving with a reputation that we are proud to say is absolutely second to none
- A workplace experience that is inclusive and based on our determination to retain you each day as well as enables you to learn, grow and develop your career, and people dedicated to your success at every level
- Competitive pay with benefits that matter, including the time and flexibility to balance the multiple roles you play in life
- Our team shares a passion for automation and learning new technologies
What You Will Do:
- Partner with Engineering, DevOps and security teams to implement new technologies and support our applications
- Develop automation tools and processes to increase efficiency and scale
- Research, design and implement new technologies
- Provide systems and applications expertise
- Participate in capacity planning, performance tuning and infrastructure upgrades
- Actively lead and participate in IT projects
- Respond to system alerts and resolve related technical issues
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation with some off-hour and weekend support
What You Will Need:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience administering, configuring, designing, implementing, performance tuning and supporting Software as a Service (SaaS) architectures and VMware, SAN, or AWS infrastructure
- Experience with designing, implementing and testing disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Experience with automated network and systems monitoring and alerting solutions
- Desire and ability to mentor and help develop less experienced team members
- The ability to learn new systems and technologies quickly
- Ability to coordinate projects and work assignments with minimal supervision, managing multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- A strong work ethic with a natural tendency to take ownership of incidents and requests
Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Operating Systems: Windows Server, Linux
- Hypervisor: VMware
- Configuration Management: Puppet, Puppet Enterprise
- Monitoring and Logging: Nagios, Check_MK, ElasticSearch, Logstash
- Web Servers: IIS, Apache/Tomcat
- Single Sign-On: ADFS, SAML
- Networking: Firewalls, routing, switching, VLANs
- Load Balancers: F5, Apache
- Version Control: GitLab, Git
- OS Deployment: VMWare Orchestrator, Terraform
- Enterprise Storage Protocols: CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, FC
- Scripting: Python, Bash, Ruby, Powershell
- Experience with AWS technologies like EC2, ELB, RDS, and S3
NAVEX Global is an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!