This job is being posted to the TAO job board because it is potentially open to remote candidates. Feel free to contact me if you’d like to learn about Optimizely before applying. I am a PDX-based remote Optimizely employee. Josh.Schoonmaker@Optimizely.com
Optimizely is focused on unlocking digital potential and we are the recognized category leader in Digital Experience Platform (DXP) and created the category for A/B Testing and experimentation software. We have incredible customers – isn’t that one of the most important aspects of looking for your next job? Optimizely has over 9,000 brands from global organizations such as Visa, Sky, Yamaha, Wall Street Journal to tech innovators like Atlassian, DocuSign, FitBit and Zillow.
Not only are we financially sound and growing but we have unicorn status: Exceeded $300M in revenue in 2020, is profitable already, and has all strategic options ahead of itself. Optimizely continues to invest and addresses a market opportunity north of $30 billion, providing significant personal career growth opportunities.
We are an inclusive culture with a global team of 1200+ people across the US, Europe, Australia, and Vietnam. We blend European and American business culture with emphasis on teamwork, inclusion, and moving fast. People make the difference!
If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, apply! We’re just getting started...
Our customers use this product to drive high-velocity experimentation that does not rely on their deployment pipelines. We are operating at an internet-scale and performance is a table stake requirement for this product. We adopted Edge computing at a nascent state to offer blazing fast experiments through our flagship offering called “Performance Edge”, which made us the world's fastest experimentation platform.
You will have broad influence, leadership, and impact on shaping the future direction of our web experimentation product, in terms of the product and technology roadmap.
What you’ll do:
- Design and build new services and/or contribute to existing services that support our web experimentation product.
- Collaborate with internal teams for building and/or tweaking shared services to support new use cases, yet stay integral to their core purpose.
- Support existing SLO(s) and suggest new ones that can keep us accountable for the highest standards in proactively supporting our customers.
- Troubleshoot customer issues by diving deep into application logs collected through in-house and third-party observability partners.
- Using Optimizely on Optimizely to iterate on the best possible user experience we could deliver to our customers.
- Publishing external blogs or talks about noteworthy technical / non-technical accomplishments.
Why is this team important to Optimizely?
- Business Impact: This team supports the web experimentation product, which has always been the highest revenue-generating product at Optimizely
- High Visibility: Our web product is adopted by our strategic and highest paying Fortune 100 clients to drive key business metrics.
- Help shape the Future: This team supports a rich customer base that is already bought into experimentation and willing to work with us for expanded use cases.
- Innovation: Delivered performance enhancement solutions by pioneering the edge computing space, which marks us as the world’s fastest experimentation platform
Some technologies we work with:
- Google Data Store, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Google App Engine, AWS cloud, Cloudflare Workers
- Honeycomb, NewRelic, SpeedCurve
You will be successful in this role if:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent work experience.
- You have 5+ years of experience in the software industry
- You look at engineering problems holistically and have developed best in class products
- You have experience with some of the technologies mentioned above
- You are self-motivated, yet still, enjoy working in partnership across an organization
- You find satisfaction in being a force multiplier for your colleagues
- [bonus] Exposure/Experience to web page performance
- [bonus] Exposure/Experience of browser internals
- [bonus] Experience working with go-to-market teams