This job is being posted to the TAO job board because it is potentially open to remote candidates. Feel free to contact me if you’d like to learn about Optimizely before applying. I am a PDX-based remote Optimizely employee. Josh.Schoonmaker@Optimizely.com
Optimizely is focused on unlocking digital potential and we are the recognized category leader in Digital Experience Platform (DXP) and created the category for A/B Testing and experimentation software. We have incredible customers – isn’t that one of the most important aspects of looking for your next job? Optimizely has over 9,000 brands from global organizations such as Visa, Sky, Yamaha, Wall Street Journal to tech innovators like Atlassian, DocuSign, FitBit and Zillow.
Not only are we financially sound and growing but we have unicorn status: Exceeded $300M in revenue in 2020, is profitable already, and has all strategic options ahead of itself. Optimizely continues to invest and addresses a market opportunity north of $30 billion, providing significant personal career growth opportunities.
We are an inclusive culture with a global team of 1200+ people across the US, Europe, Australia, and Vietnam. We blend European and American business culture with emphasis on teamwork, inclusion, and moving fast. People make the difference!
If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, apply! We’re just getting started...
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with front end expertise to join our application experience team. Our team develops the customer-facing components of our experimentation product. It delivers delightful experiences for customers managing experiments via optimizely.com and its public facing APIs. We own new features and quality, end-to-end, for both Optimizely’s Web and Full Stack customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will design and build the experiences that enable our customers to manage their experiments throughout our experimentation product suite.
- You’ll be collaborating with the engineering and product team to identify and contribute major features to the platform.
- Building with React and managing state with NuclearJS, our open-source Flux implementation using Immutable.js data structures.
- Write ES2015, leverage Webpack and Babel, to deliver an application that is written with clean code and performantly delivered to our users.
- Create React components and Sass code that is reusable, generic, and lives standalone in the freely available OUI library.
You will be successful in this role if:
- You have 5+ years of production experience in single-page frontend applications built on frameworks and libraries like ReactJS, AngularJS, or VueJS.
- You are self-motivated and proactively create partnerships across an organization.
- You find satisfaction in being a force multiplier for your colleagues.
- You have experience with modern web testing frameworks (Karma/Jasmine, Jest, etc.), build systems (Grunt, Webpack), and have written highly scalable, reliable front end applications.
- You demonstrate the interpersonal skills necessary for a diverse, team-focused environment with other engineers, product managers, designers, and so on.
- You show strong product sensibilities and deep empathy for customers.
- You have experience developing/debugging back end implementations.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or an equivalent area of study.