Senior Software Engineer - Application Experience - Back End
This job is being posted to the TAO job board because it is potentially open to remote candidates. Feel free to contact me if you’d like to learn about Optimizely before applying. I am a PDX-based remote Optimizely employee. Josh.Schoonmaker@Optimizely.com
Optimizely is focused on unlocking digital potential and we are the recognized category leader in Digital Experience Platform (DXP) and created the category for A/B Testing and experimentation software. We have incredible customers – isn’t that one of the most important aspects of looking for your next job? Optimizely has over 9,000 brands from global organizations such as Visa, Sky, Yamaha, Wall Street Journal to tech innovators like Atlassian, DocuSign, FitBit and Zillow.
Not only are we financially sound and growing but we have unicorn status: Exceeded $300M in revenue in 2020, is profitable already, and has all strategic options ahead of itself. Optimizely continues to invest and addresses a market opportunity north of $30 billion, providing significant personal career growth opportunities.
We are an inclusive culture with a global team of 1200+ people across the US, Europe, Australia, and Vietnam. We blend European and American business culture with emphasis on teamwork, inclusion, and moving fast. People make the difference!
If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, apply! We’re just getting started...
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with back end expertise to join our application experience team. Our team develops the customer-facing components of our experimentation product. It delivers delightful experiences for customers managing experiments via optimizely.com and its public facing APIs. We own new features and quality, end-to-end, for both Optimizely’s Web and Full Stack customers.
What you will do
- Design and implement next generation core application backend components.
- Ensure all systems are scalable and production ready.
- Work with our performance experts and use your own expertise to improve performance.
- Work with monitoring and observability experts and use your own expertise to improve observability.
- Educate internal customers on how to best venture into our codebase.
- Organize, plan, and lead large projects through to completion.
- You have 5+ years of product development experience.
- You find happiness in being a multiplier for your colleagues.
- You look at engineering problems holistically.
- You stay on top of technical trends and know how to use them pragmatically.
- You are self-motivated, yet still enjoy working in partnership across an organization.
- You have proficiency in Python or other backend technologies.
- You enjoy mentoring and seeing others succeed.
- You have a bachelor's degree in computer science or an equivalent area of study.
Some technologies we work with
- Docker, Jenkins, Linux
- AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- Monitoring and observability tooling