Senior Software Engineer, Application Backend
This job is being posted to the TAO job board because it is potentially open to remote candidates. Feel free to contact me if you’d like to learn about Optimizely before applying. I am a PDX-based remote Optimizely employee. Josh.Schoonmaker@Optimizely.com
Optimizely is focused on unlocking digital potential and we are the recognized category leader in Digital Experience Platform (DXP) and created the category for A/B Testing and experimentation software. We have incredible customers – isn’t that one of the most important aspects of looking for your next job? Optimizely has over 9,000 brands from global organizations such as Visa, Sky, Yamaha, Wall Street Journal to tech innovators like Atlassian, DocuSign, FitBit and Zillow.
Not only are we financially sound and growing but we have unicorn status: Exceeded $300M in revenue in 2020, is profitable already, and has all strategic options ahead of itself. Optimizely continues to invest and addresses a market opportunity north of $30 billion, providing significant personal career growth opportunities.
We are an inclusive culture with a global team of 1200+ people across the US, Europe, Australia, and Vietnam. We blend European and American business culture with emphasis on teamwork, inclusion, and moving fast. People make the difference!
If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, apply! We’re just getting started...
Experimentation is the foundation of all human knowledge. As we continue to enhance our enterprise-class Digital Experience Platform, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Application Backend to help lead and create our next wave of services and architectural improvements. We want you to be idealistic but pragmatic, creative but able to embrace elegant simplicity in both code and infrastructure. Scale and performance are part of everything we build. You’ll be building the foundation that empowers billions of experiences across the world’s leading websites and digital experience providers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Application Backend you will:
- Design and implement next generation core application backend components
- Identify when to replace and when to rebuild legacy systems
- Design and enhance all systems to be Enterprise Class (Reliability, Scalability, Performance, Security, etc.)
- Design and build systems that have monitoring and alerting capabilities
- Educate internal customers on how to best venture into our codebase
- Organize, plan, and lead large projects through to completion
- You have 5+ years’ experience in scalable technical projects
- You have demonstrated experience in deconstructing a monolith application into services
- You have demonstrated experience in designing and building high-performance, highly available and scalable services/APIs
- You find satisfaction in being a force multiplier for your colleagues
- You look at engineering problems holistically and have developed best in class products
- You stay on top of technical trends and know how to use them pragmatically
- You are self-motivated, yet still enjoy working in partnership across an organization
- Work with colleagues that get you fired up every day and are super smart!
- Learn more about our engineering organization by visiting our blog
- We’re engaged in the Developer Community. We are after-all not just developers but we are also building products for developers. You’ll see us at various Meetups, such as PyBay (Bay Area), Python (Austin) and more
- We’re not locked into a specific technology stack. You’ll be working with and picking the latest technologies to do the job right. Some of the technologies we work with include: Python, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker, Jenkins, Linux, CircleCI, Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Monitoring, and observability tooling