The PaaS team is looking for a Sr. Platform Engineer to join our team and help build our cloud platform product. We are building a best in class platform that is used by our engineering teams to build, deliver, scale, operate, and secure applications across multiple IaaS and multiple cloud vendors.
In this role you will be developing large scale APIs that are consumed by our customer facing products. This position will be involved in the design, development, and deployment of multiple data platform services, as well as contributing to our best practices for software development. Our environment is Petabytes of data, billions of transactions in scale, and very high levels of automation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attend and actively participate in team ceremonies (stand-ups, retros, and planning meetings).
- Coordinate efforts with globally dispersed teams.
- Document decisions regarding technology choices, best practices and process.
- Manage code bases using company engineering practices.
- Creatively solve problems in the SaaS Operations space, collaborating with SRE, Data Services, Delivery, and Engineering team members.
- Design and develop tools and libraries for broader use by SaaS Operations and Engineering teams.
- Design and develop high volume data pipelines, in large distributed systems.
- Design and develop complex event driven systems, with DDD/BDD workflows
- Actively change code within current production systems to resolve incidents and/or enhance operational performance, following Engineering process for code change.
- Lead and actively engage in architectural conversations and plans.
- Regularly pair with other Platform Engineers to develop tools and libraries and facilitate learning and best practices.
- Lead and actively engage in projects to implement enhancements to SaaS Operations and company products.
Education and Experience:
- 5-7 years industry experience
- BS in CS or equivalent
- Expert in design, development, and deployment of highly scalable APIs.
- Expert in event driven, or micro-service design and development.
- Experience with contemporary data engineering development practices.
- Expertise and broad range of programming/scripting experience (i.e. Java, Python, Ruby, Go, etc.).
- Strong background in managing code with Git.
- Experience managing continuous integration systems (i.e. Pivotal Concourse).
- Background working in a multi-platform environment (Linux, Windows.).
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience building and operating VMware Tanzu Platform.
- Experience with Elastics, S3, Ceph, Minio, and MongoDB data storage solutions.
- Experience with Kafka, RabbitMQ, and other messaging systems.
- Experience leading small teams’ ceremonies (i.e. stand-ups, retros, and planning).
- Leadership with mentorship and educating less experienced engineers.