GRAYBOX is looking for a Sr. Magento Developer to join our team. This role is either fully remote (or in our Portland, OR office). If you have experience working with Magento 2, are looking to grow your knowledge while solving interesting problems with a collaborative, goal-oriented team — we’d love to chat with you.
As a Sr. Magento developer on our team, you’ll be responsible for building ecommerce applications, developing custom solutions, maintaining existing code, and actively improving the usability, usefulness, and functionality of highly customized Magento 2 implementations.
- Solve complex problems and complete large magento projects.
- Collaborate with other developers, UX/UI designers, business strategists & project managers.
- Develop code for the Magento 2 platform (Community & Enterprise).
- Break down large complex problems into smaller, more manageable chunks.
- Produce quality, on-budget, and on-schedule solutions on projects.
- Work with and develop Magento modules, utilizing your understanding of blocks, observers, controllers, models, helpers, and MySQL.
- Identify and escalate risks (budget, deadline, ambiguity, etc).
- Provide day to day mentorship of other Magento developers.
- Create reusable elements, which can be utilized for different projects.
- Great problem-solving skills
- 4+ years of experience with PHP and Magento
- 2+ years of experience with Magento 2
- 2+ years of experience with Git and code management
- Solid experience with MySQL
- Understanding of Docker, Composer & KnockoutJS
- Understanding of Magento architecture, design, theming, functional enhancements, optimization & integration methods.
- Experience in enterprise-level development projects. Ex. large catalogs, lots of integrations, complex business requirements.
- Ability to develop API integrations between Magento and other platforms (CRM, ERP, Payment, Shipping, etc).
- Knowledge of how to identify and execute performance optimizations.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- 2+ years of development experience in an agency environment, working on more than one project at a time.
- You have a passion for collaborating with mentoring more junior developers on your team.
- You're accountable, and you care about process
- You love to improve, learn and apply new skills
- You’re familiar with Agile practices and the software development lifecycle.
Nice to have
- Experience creating Magento modules (public or private).
- Magento certifications
- Experience with React or GraphQL
- Experience with frontend development
- Experience with headless commerce
- AWS / DevOps experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 10 days PTO + 10 Floating Holidays (you pick meaningful holidays to you)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (partially paid for you)
- Annual Education Allowance
- 401k + 4% match
- Group Term Life insurance
- 5 Week paid (80%) Sabbatical every 5 years of employment