CINDER is a proudly community-conscious agency-dedicated to humanizing staffing by connecting awesome people, building amazing teams, and developing authentic partnerships.
We are partnering with FINE in their search for a Senior Front-End Developer to join their growing team! FINE is a digital branding company that focuses on creating websites for companies looking to build up their brands. This position is remote with the opportunity to be onsite in Portland, OR when available, if desired.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Senior Front-End Developer will bring special moves in Front-End development, pushing forward innovation, while also mentoring other developers. This role works directly with designers, project managers, information architects, back-end developers, and dev-ops engineers to create super-smooth, responsible, and accessible websites for the clients.
- Working with a team of producers, designers, strategists, and developers to build brand new front-end experiences with VueJS/Nuxt
- Helping innovate FINE’s suite of tools and technology through regular client work
- Collaborating with designers early in the production process to assist them with understanding current and new tech capabilities
- Sharing learnings with the team of developers and assisting less experienced members through mentoring
- Reviewing other team members’ code and assisting them to maintain high code quality
Cinder and FINE are working together to build more equitable and inclusive workplaces. Along with the requirements below, the ideal person will have experience (their personal life or career) helping eliminate the systemic oppression in our world.
- Can confidently clean code with HTML, CSS, and JS
- Focuses on the readability and maintainability of your code
- Has experience or a deep understanding of statically rendered websites, their benefits, and their drawbacks
- Able to implement cross-browser compatible features as a baseline
- Can strategically choose solutions that support efficiency in rendering, loading, and painting of the page on the full spectrum of devices and networks without sacrificing accessibility or UX
- Familiar with WCAG success criteria, as well as generalized experience in building accessible and intuitive websites
- Able to balance design aesthetics with accessibility, keeping WCAG guidelines front-of-mind, while seeking opportunities to push the boundaries of the web as a medium
- Comfort with using Git
- Personal responsibility for deadlines, code quality, and tasks
- Effective communication skills
- Adept at creating and maintaining your development environment
- Activity in the wider development community (preferred)
Compensation: depending on experience
Shift: M-F normal business hours, PST
Location: Remote or onsite when available, client located in Portland, OR
Type: Direct Hire
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas.