We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Developer to join our team and oversee the design, development, and maintenance of our platform in coordination with our CEO and Product Manager. As Senior Developer, you will develop a comprehensive product strategy aligned to meet/exceed Currents’ objectives, develop a long-term product development roadmap to support continuous iteration of our platform, respond to emerging customer demands and market opportunities, and deliver defensible differentiation that separates Currents from competitors. You will then translate the roadmap strategy into concrete objectives over the short and medium term with detailed plans of action to achieve them
- Design, develop, maintain, and manage scalable and high-performance software solutions.
- Recruit, scale, and manage internal development team.
- Provide technical leadership in external stakeholder discovery sessions to deeply understand customer pain points and market opportunities, ensuring sessions, lessons, and key takeaways are well documented.
- Support strategic partner discussions as Currents’ technology expert.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to co-innovate or provide partners with high value deliverables.
- Define and document product strategy and long-term technical product development roadmap in coordination with our Product Manager.
- Support continuous improvement and iteration from a technical perspective as we move from MVP to version 1 and 2.
What we’re looking for:
- Alignment with our values and vision of contributing toward net zero
- Someone who thrives in early stage startup environments, is willing to do some dirty work, and obsesses over customers and their problems
- Ability to identify stakeholders and codify business requirements
- A motivated, innovative, cross-functional leader who gets an organization working together towards strategic objectives
- Ability to make smart bets anchored in measurable goals, identify bold steps towards them, fail fast, analyze, optimize, and experiment continuously to achieve them
- Someone who is not averse to being hands on, and who can function creatively in a resource-constrained environment
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of full stack experience.
- Strong experience with modern software development languages and frameworks such as React, Node.js, and Python.
- Experience with database design and management using SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of best practices for software development such as automated testing, code reviews, and agile development methodologies.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
Nice to have:
- Energy industry and supply chain experience or knowledge
- Previous early stage startup experience
- Experience working with remote teams
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package that includes a mix of salary and equity
- $150k-$200k annual salary based on experience
- Benefits package including full health, dental, and vision coverage
- Fully remote work
- Paid time off
- Room for growth and additional equity based on achieving outcomes in an early stage startup
Currents is an early-stage startup that closed an institutional fundraise with HG Ventures in November of 2022 to finish our v1 marketplace and go-to-market in the coming months. Everything we do is guided by achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2050, and our mission is to enable the closed loop economic model for all stakeholders in the end-of-life EV battery value chain by optimizing, modernizing, and driving value throughout this new supply chain.
Currents is based out of Portland, Oregon, but we have a fully remote workforce for the time being. As we grow, we will travel to work together in person throughout the year to grow closer as a team.
Please send an email to email@example.com with a resume and share with us what motivates you.