This job is being posted to the TAO job board because it is potentially open to remote candidates. Feel free to contact me if you’d like to learn about Optimizely before applying. I am a PDX-based remote Optimizely employee. Josh.Schoonmaker@Optimizely.com
Optimizely is focused on unlocking digital potential and we are the recognized category leader in Digital Experience Platform (DXP) and created the category for A/B Testing and experimentation software. We have incredible customers – isn’t that one of the most important aspects of looking for your next job? Optimizely has over 9,000 brands from global organizations such as Visa, Sky, Yamaha, Wall Street Journal to tech innovators like Atlassian, DocuSign, FitBit and Zillow.
Not only are we financially sound and growing but we have unicorn status: Exceeded $300M in revenue in 2020, is profitable already, and has all strategic options ahead of itself. Optimizely continues to invest and addresses a market opportunity north of $30 billion, providing significant personal career growth opportunities.
We are an inclusive culture with a global team of 1200+ people across the US, Europe, Australia, and Vietnam. We blend European and American business culture with emphasis on teamwork, inclusion, and moving fast. People make the difference!
If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, apply! We’re just getting started...
We are looking for a Senior Software engineer on our Billing Platform team to help us build a billing infrastructure that is flexible, easy to report on and that prepares us for reaching our aspirations of being an impactful and enduring company that enables the world to turn data into action.
This team drives and implements how we make our revenue in collaboration with the CFO, Finance and Go-To-Market teams. Working with such a diverse set of executives makes this a high impact and high visibility team. Our customers include some of the largest retail, media, and travel companies who send billions of events per day to our system. Our billing systems need to scale, provide accurate usage metrics and provide flexibility for our sales and engineering teams to tailor our services to the needs of our customers.
What you will do:
- Build services that can be easily used to customize pricing/packaging for our Go To Market teams without needing engineering support
- Build integrations between Optimizely application and 3rd party invoicing systems
- Implement and maintain a batch infrastructure to compute volume metrics and charge customers accordingly
- Maintain an internal application that our Customer Success group uses to effectively serve our customers
- Support pricing innovation and growth experiments targeted towards Pricing
- Be a subject matter expert for the entire company on the billing aspects of Enterprise Customers
- Deeply focus on the scalability and quality aspects in every step involved with getting customers set up to use Optimizely and invoiced correctly
- Implement solutions that will help drive adoption of the Optimizely product
Why is this team important to Optimizely?
- Business Impact: Every dollar that enters Optimizely via our revenue channels, will flow through the infrastructure owned by this team
- High Visibility: This team works with the CFO and his pricing council, COO, Head of Sales, Go to Market team and Customer Success.
- Help shape the Future: This team plays a significant role in making contributions to the future of Optimizely
- Innovation: This team works with the Pricing Innovation team to help come up with models to effectively convey the value of our service to customers
Some technologies we work with:
- Python, Flask, React.js
- Hadoop ecosystem (Kafka, Mapreduce, Samza)
- Airflow and other ETL systems
- Google Data Store, MySQL, Postgres
- Google App Engine, AWS cloud
- Zuora, Salesforce, Netsuite and similar billing systems
You will be successful in this role if:
- 5+ years of application development experience
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computers or Information Technology or equivalent
- You look at engineering problems holistically and have developed best in class products
- You have experience with Python
- You are self-motivated, yet still, enjoy working in partnership across an organization
- You find satisfaction in being a force multiplier for your colleagues
- [bonus] Exposure/Experience to billing systems
- [bonus] Exposure/Experience working on big data systems
- [bonus] Experience working with go-to-market teams