DAT Solutions is looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Beaverton, Oregon.
As a Senior Software Engineer at DAT you will be responsible for designing and implementing the software that drives our SaaS platform. In this role, you will work with cutting edge tools to develop code that is reliable, maintainable, and scalable. You’ll work building public RESTful APIs on top of a distributed set of microservices hosted in AWS which integrate with our ecosystem of APIs
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop REST APIs and other code that is reliable, maintainable, and extendable
- Leverage AWS to deliver efficient, cloud-native solutions
- Write unit, integration, and functional tests, and guide others in doing the same
- Document software designs and project tasks
- Review functional requirements and analyze their impact on schedule and software design
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and direction to other team members
- Participate in design/code reviews
- Translate business needs and requirements into technical specifications
- Document software designs and project tasks
- Work with team members to improve development processes and practices
- Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
The Skills You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience in software development
- Applied Knowledge of Modern Server Frameworks such as Node, Spark, or Spring Boot
- Practical experience with Cloud-Native Development such as in AWS, Azure, or Google
- Practical experience with containerization such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Applied experience with messaging / streaming such as Kinesis, Kafka, or Confluent
- Applied Knowledge of Microservices established best practices
- Applied Knowledge of REST APIs established best practices
- Practical experience of Design Principles and Patterns
- Practical experience with OO and/or Functional Programming
- Applied Knowledge with unit testing
- Applied Knowledge with Agile and at least one agile methodology such as SCRUM, XP, or SAFE
DAT Software and Analytics is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. DAT is based in Beaverton, OR, with offices in Colorado, Missouri, Texas, and Bangalore, India.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
DAT Software and Analytics embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
DAT Software and Analytics offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department.
DAT Software and Analytics will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services, and/or recruitment agencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)