We have an immediate opening for a Senior Backend Software Developer. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience of coding Python, at least 5 years of experience with complex SQL database schema design, be comfortable in Linux-based environments, be an independent but communicative team player, thrive in researching creative ways to solve unusual technical challenges, and have the ability to suggest and carry out practical actions to deal with issues.
Responsibilities for the Senior Backend Developer include but are not limited to:
- Serve both our external customers and internal teams by researching, designing, building and maintaining APIs and systems
- Use the right tool for the right job. Sometimes it’s not Python and PostgreSQL; we have shell scripts (and even a little PowerShell) in our codebase for a reason
- Work in cross-functional teams to pilot new features from ideation to through to general availability
- Clear and collaborative communication. It’s a weird time. Many of us are seasoned remote workers, but “many” isn’t “everyone.” Open, frequent, effective and professional communication is as important as your technical skills
- Handle multiple demands in an fast paced environment and be able to track their own work and not lose track of important details or tasks
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent Python development skills
- Rich history with PostgreSQL (or other RDBMS) including user-defined functions, performance tuning, and the design of complex schemas for large databases
- Interest in working with large datasets in PostgreSQL
- Solid understanding of networking technologies
- Comfort and interest in working in a Linux-based development environment
- Familiarity with traditional Windows platforms, networks and enterprise technologies
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or other cloud environments
Interested? We're excited to hear from you! Please apply here.
Don't qualify fully? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they fully meet all the outlined qualifications in the job description. DeepSurface encourages candidates to apply even if they do not meet every desired qualification listed.
DeepSurface Security is changing how companies address risk in their cybersecurity systems by empowering our customers to be radically better at protecting their organizations. We’re a fast-growing, software development company headquartered in Portland, OR.
We're a team of self-starters with deep expertise. We value pragmatic solutions and being good to each other. We move fast, but with discipline, and rely on team members to listen, think, and then build the best products for our customers. If you enjoy working in teams, take a high degree of initiative, and have a history of extreme ownership, then we'd like to meet you.
DeepSurface Security has great benefits, a very flexible work environment, and a commitment to hiring diversely. All roles are currently 100% remote with quarterly in-person meetings.