***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
***This position is 100% remote***
We are seeking expert contractor services in support of projects implementing technical platforms and business solutions requiring guidance in SAP software application architecture, integrations patterns, and development practices.
The SAP solution architect will be accountable for understanding the capabilities requirements for the company’s SAP S/4HANA in Azure migration and upgrade. They will work with the business stakeholders, PMO, Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure, Security and Enterprise Applications teams to ensure that these stakeholders’ expectations are managed and addressed by the deployed solutions.
The main goal of IT&S Enterprise is delivery of core horizontal technical platforms, for example Cloud, Mobility, Integration or DevSecOps platforms, to enable standardized development and deployment of solutions. The architect’s responsibility here would be to ensure that the technical goals are met by shepherding the design, governance, and quality assurance of architectural deliverables. These projects are pre-requisite to an ERP upgrade program and require a priority focus.
- The Enterprise Architect should have hands-on experience in architecting, designing, and implementing of Microsoft Azure cloud services for deployment of SAP solutions.
- The architect will comprehend the company cloud roadmap, deployed cloud solutions, upcoming major cloud-based initiatives and support the implementation of the architecture framework for Azure cloud services in a comprehensive manner. With specific focus on SAP S4/Hana validating the framework that is in alignment with cloud goals, principles, and operating model.
- Comprehend current and planned technical context relevant to foundational and application solutions to effectively support project managers, architects, and engineers with high impact technical issue resolutions.
- Facilitate solution architecture development, obtaining governance approvals and aligning it to delivery of the Foundations platforms
- Work closely with the key stakeholders to drive strategies for meeting solutions’ adoption targets.
- Ensure technical and business user interfaces meet user experience guidelines, best practices, and expectations related to usability, coherency, and satisfaction.
- Represent the solutions to IT and architecture governance bodies
- Drive quality of solution deliverables with a focus on business value, results, and outcomes
- Help to identify technical risks and roadblocks, and recommend pragmatic mitigation strategies
- Understand emerging technologies in the technical and geospatial domains to assess their applicability to the company’s geospatial strategy and projects’ architectures
- Support the development and management of the desired state reference and solution architectures for the platforms and business solutions focused on detailed design principles, decision points, non- functional requirements, APIs, major systems and dependencies.
- Documentation and representations of the solution architectures to the stakeholders as well as technical governance and IT change control boards.
- Translation of the architectures into pragmatic architectural roadmaps for solution delivery
- Assistance to project manager in overall project delivery by focusing on scoping, effort and resource estimating of technical tasks.
- Establishment of quality targets and operational metrics for technical deliverables in accordance with company SDLC policy
- Continues improvement and adjustment of the company platforms and geospatial strategy in collaboration of the business and technical stakeholders
- Facilitation of architecturally significant problem-resolution/decision-making as needed by the project
- Responsible to provide support and guidance for overall SAP s/HANA solution business and technical scope during planning, design, and transition to support to ensure successful delivery per phases’ timing, quality, and supportability objectives.
- Use appropriate company practices, in accordance with SDLC policies and quality expectations.
- Follow company policies, standards, procedures, templates, and processes (i.e. forms, access requests, etc.)
- Work with and coordinate with internal resources, technical consultants, SMEs, and specialists in support of technical planning, design, and implementation.
- Proper fit with company relationship driven culture of customer focus, respect, accountability, and continues learning
Anticipated Scope and Timeline for: 12 to 18 months
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of experience in developing and implementing enterprise grade vendor geospatial solutions including all aspects of technical or infrastructure architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or cloud development
- Experience in documenting and articulating solution concepts to broad audiences as targeted presentations to executive, business, and technical stakeholders
- Extensive experience using modern best practices for SDLC and DevOps project documentation activities like requirements, use cases, user stories, testing, etc.
- Good understanding of strategic technology trends, and the practical application of existing and emerging technologies to new and evolving geospatial operating models
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms and processing environments
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience in developing architectural blueprints, different modeling languages (such as UML or ArchiMate), and roadmaps
- Skilled at influencing, guiding, documenting, and facilitating decision making with stakeholders and peers
- Background in Utilities industry preferred
- Hands-on experience with Azure DevOps for requirements and activity tracking, or equivalent using modern lifecycle methodologies.
- Understanding and knowledge of IT standards and controls, IT Service Management [ITSM, ITIL] methods
- Mature planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation
- Ability to lead own work effort and others with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and escalate issues through proper channels