The IT Project Manager supports overall client IT planning, organization and execution of IT projects for all of LightPoint’s clients. You will be the primary ongoing individual responsible for the successful implementation of our client’s IT projects in support of their roadmap aligned to their business objectives. You will be managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and will be responsible for ensuring projects are delivered with high quality resulting in an excellent client experience.
We’re looking for an individual who is driven to cultivate relationships with our clients where we can deliver solutions and continue to be the trusted IT advisor for our clients. Having the ability to understand the context and goals of our client projects and to organize and execute projects using our systems and methods will be key to success.
- Establish and implement project management processes and methodologies for the organization to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget. This includes developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals and success criteria, project milestones, and budgets.
- Ownership and responsibility to manage issues, risks, decisions and outcome, and the overall success of projects as well as the continued expansion of our relationship with our clients.
- Oversee and assist with project proposals, estimates and scope; proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Coordinate with clients, technicians, management and vendors to ensure successful project communication and completion; coordinate resource staffing and allocation for various roles that are needed to deliver the project on time and budget; motivate people involved in the project to complete tasks on time.
- Provide direction and guidance to the project teams regarding methodology and deliverables assuring they are consistent with the project plan.
- Schedules, coordinates, and facilitates meetings, including preparing agenda, meeting minutes, meeting action items, and follow-up.
- Provides data analysis, including identifying and recognizing trends across multiple clients; performs post mortem assessments and evaluations..
- Adhere to high quality standards and meets/exceeds client expectations.
- Coordinate communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed.
- 3+ years of relevant prior work experience as an IT Project Manager.
- Experience managing projects and relationships in a remote role and distributed team.
- 3+ years experience in a client facing, relationship management role; experience conducting and leading client facing meetings and managing expectations.
- 3+ years experience utilizing a Project planning or ticketing and documentation system.
- A team player who has demonstrated effectively integrating, motivating and building relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), key stakeholders, and clients.
- Ability to adapt project management practices to meet rapidly changing business climates and client needs.
- Previous experience using PM tools and proven track record managing projects. PMP certification is a plus.
- Advanced computer skills and in-depth knowledge of different operating systems, network administration and service desk administration.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences at all levels; possess an understanding of the different communication styles associated to the different leadership roles within a company/client.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and proven analytical, planning, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Interest in the challenge, excitement, and responsibility of a fast-paced, growth environment.
- Strong work ethic, reliability and ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Local travel to client sites will occasionally be required.