The position will drive the product roadmap and work closely with the development teams to collaboratively design solutions, establish measure of success, turn initiatives into stories, and ensure timely delivery and launch of assigned products. This role requires exceptional communication and analytical skills, leadership and a high level of detail orientation and follow-through.
Manage and develop product management team, including
Provide strategies and direction for workflows, process development, delivery and process changes by:
- Hiring, leading and mentoring team members.
- Ensuring highest levels of job satisfaction by setting goals, job expectations, responsibilities and targets.
- Ensuring team is involved in process identification and changes, participating in actively learning and meeting roadmap and project goals.
- Establishing and tracking agile process, planning, milestones and deployment to ensure departmental success.
- Providing leadership, technical expertise and career development for team members.
- Having technical discussions with team members to agree on product scope and delivery schedules. Track delivery schedule and related dependencies
- Driving the operation and development of our products through team work on infrastructure, product enhancements, customer integrations or new product development.
- Partnering with Engineering, Operations and Sales on data, roadmap, timelines and product or service modifications or improvements.
- Owning and managing the product lifecycle for product portfolio. Communicate delivery scope, status, and questions back to business. Facilitate roadmap review for variety of audiences.
- Identifying and tracking key performance indicators for product areas to enable data-driven decisions about enhancements, features, and new products.
- Guiding business partners through the work intake process, highlighting milestones and artifacts, and understand the value behind them.
- Working with sales and marketing teams to provide the necessary support for explaining products and features to clients and prospects. Act as the subject matter expert for assigned product portfolio.
- Working with cross-functional teams to gather insights, communicate the value of new products and features, and identify new product opportunities.
- Understanding markets, competition, and user requirements in depth. Gather information from customers, prospects, leadership, and suppliers about enhancement needs and wants.
- Perform miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business area and/or equivalent work experience required. MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of product management leadership or 7+ years related experience, preferably within a financial technology environment.
- Advanced computer skills and expert-level proficiency with Microsoft Office and product management tools.
- Travel required.