Do you continuously question if there's a better way? Do you value collaboration, equity, and sustainability? Do you want to create a vibrant future for the community we serve? At this progressive and innovative public transit organization, we believe in providing people with the independence to achieve their goals, creating a more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable community.
We proudly present this exciting career opportunity which offers an attractive starting salary, an excellent benefit package, and an inclusive, friendly work environment. Lane Transit District values diversity at all levels of its workforce ' women and minority applicants, including members of the LGBTQ community, are encouraged to apply
Under general direction, individuals assigned to this position manage the District's IT infrastructure. Responsibilities include analyzing log and data files to evaluate performance as compared to desired performance metrics, create plans and execute programs for building and maintaining the infrastructure, audit network activity and security log files, and tune equipment and system configurations to maximize resource utilization and service efficiency.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proactively monitor all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability.
- Maintain, prepare, and uphold processes for reporting, statistically monitoring, and logging network performance. This includes the ability to identify and resolve complex performance issues.
- Plan for future strategies of fiber/broadband infrastructure, networks and servers, coordinates with other regional entities and partners in infrastructure creation and maintenance, and provides budgetary information as needed.
- Conduct research on various networks and products of networking in support of IT's development and procurement efforts.
- Work independently to map current network, plan upgrades to existing equipment, and create long- range vision and strategy for LTD's network resources
- Upgrade data network equipment to latest stable firmware releases in coordination with the IT team.
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures
- Perform a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Fortinet Firewall, Juniper, HP, Aruba, and CradlePoint equipment.
- Troubleshoot and solve complex network connectivity problems, including monitoring the network and servers for performance, diagnosing problems, and taking the appropriate corrective measures to ensure an expedient resolution.
- Define and implement network disaster recovery including hardware, software and information protection and file integrity.
- Ensure network security by ensuring proper user accessibility, and being able to reasonably guard against security threats.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, tickets or e-mails, regarding network operations and/or problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Significant experience working with Windows servers and network monitoring tools.
- Extensive knowledge of the OSI model with particular focus on Ethernet and fiber network architecture.
- Strong knowledge of networking, including: TCP/IP, VLANs, Ethernet, fiber, switching, routing, STP, IPSec, QoS and DNS.
- Extensive knowledge of firewalls rules, gateway protocols and secure tunneling.
- Strong knowledge of VoIP, WiFi, radio and cellular technologies.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently. Experience with documentation and change management.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and apply them as needed.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, management, and vendors verbally and in writing.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job are acceptable, which typically include:
- Degree in Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related work experience desirable.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Network Administration or Network Engineering.
- A current JNCIA-Junos certificate is desirable.
- A valid Oregon driver's license and a driving record acceptable to the District's insurance carrier.
Compensation and Work Schedule:
This position is a full-time, exempt position, eligible for the regular administrative benefits package. The pay range is between $64,761 and $98,856 annually, depending on qualifications. Work is mainly performed in an office environment during business hours and often includes evening, weekend, and 24-hour on-call duties.
How to apply:
Visit our website: http://ltdjobs.applicantpool.com/jobs/. Submit your resume and complete the required application and assessments. This position is open until filled. For additional information call (541) 682-6100.
LTD is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lane Transit District is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.