Beaverton, Oregon. This position will be remote during the pandemic and onsite at least 2-3 days per week when the office reopens.
Who You Are
You bring an analytical mindset, creative problem solving, and collaboration to our team. You promote and foster an environment where teamwork is a priority and peer-to-peer learning is valued. You are collaborative within your team and across departments when making suggestions, decisions, and receiving feedback. You are patient and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others. You are naturally curious and enjoy learning new systems.
You have in-depth experience working in WordPress, HubSpot, Google Analytics, and Google Data Studio.
You are willing to jump in and assist when needed. You set priorities and accomplish your daily goals. You have fun.
- Experience in front-end development and integration of plugins and applications in WordPress.
- Experience with HubSpot, setting up data integrations, trigger campaign workflows, and analytics integrations.
- Experience in Google Data Studio, creating requirements documents from colleagues’ requests, building out dashboards to meet reporting needs, and passing management to team members.
- Familiarity with UX methodologies.
Traits for Success
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism
- Strong attention to detail; effective problem-solving, organization, and time-management skill
- Must be self-motivated, able to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities to meet tight deadlines
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university, and 5-7 years of experience in web management or digital marketing role.
- Prior experience working with Science, Technology or STEM educators highly desired.
About the Marketing Team
Our marketing team is obsessed with our customers. We want to ensure our customers have the tools they need to educate the next generation of STEM-literate citizens. We are a driven, quality-focused, and flexible team that works toward a common goal while creating a positive and supportive work environment.
The team excels at what they do, particularly during peak times. The team works in a data-driven environment to bolster the performance of our social media, digital advertising, web, automation, and search engine optimization efforts.
And last but not least, our marketing team is a hardworking, self-motivated, and effective group that enjoys having fun along the way.
Founded in 1981, Vernier pioneers award-winning interfaces, sensors, software, and curriculum to transform how educators teach science and how students collect, analyze, and interpret scientific data. Vernier is registered as an Oregon Benefit Company. We have also been on the list of the 100 Best Places to Work in Oregon for over 20 years. Being on this list means that we are serious about our commitment to providing employees with a positive, professional, and fun work environment.
What We Can Offer You
In addition to an amazing company culture, Vernier offers competitive pay, profit sharing, a generous employer contribution into your 401(k) retirement account, and exceptional benefits. We have an onsite fitness center, private shower facilities, and an indoor bike storage room. Vernier is located next to the Millikan Way MAX line, and we provide an employer-paid commuter benefit to all eligible employees. We also offer training opportunities, tuition assistance, paid volunteer time, a generous PTO (paid time off) plan, along with paid sabbaticals.
Job Title: Marketing Technologist
Reports to: Director of Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
This role is responsible for the health and optimizations of the systems used by marketing, including the website infrastructure, web and data governance, HubSpot, list administration, data integration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Front end development - Lead website development, building webpage templates that are accessible and editable through our content management system. When applicable, setting up relationships with databases or systems. Develop or implement plug-ins to achieve desired functionality and user experience on Vernier.com
- Website infrastructure management - Manage updates for website content management system, plugins, server hosting, DNS settings, tracking through cookies and pixels, and website security
- Data integration - develop integration with databases and relevant applications to ensure data records are accurate and updated across appropriate systems.
- Marketing automation system management - HubSpot and relevant connected marketing technology systems to ensure tech stack is fully operational and performing at maximum efficiency. Provide guidance to the team on how to leverage system capabilities. Develop in-depth knowledge of the entire HubSpot platform.
- Reporting - Select and manage reporting and dashboard tools, set standards and document processes for developing reporting, offer guidance to marketing team on tracking and measuring marketing efforts and building reports.
- Web and data governance - Develop and document web governance framework and RACI, communicate governance plan and provide guidance or permissions as needed.
- QA management - Define and facilitate the QA process for all digital development project, including writing test scenarios, recruiting testers, ensuring testing is complete, assigning tasks for bug fixes, and communicating with stakeholders on finding and next steps. Regularly QA systems and integrations to ensure they are functioning properly
- List administration - Ensure marketing lists maintain a high level of data integrity and ensure compliance to CAN-SPAM.
- System access administration - Provide appropriate level of permissions to team members for marketing systems, including WordPress content management system, social channels, Google folder, project management systems, etc.
- Provides stellar customer service by maintaining professional working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance in accordance with scheduled work hours.
- Works independently under limited supervision. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; and 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that confirm to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, typical of an open-cubicle environment.
Vernier Software & Technology is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.