At Toolbelt we value teamwork, both internally and with our customers. Our number one
goal is to build the best construction labor procurement solution period. Through close ties with our
customers and industry vendors we are able to gather feedback and implement substantive, innovative changes
to our software in ways that outshine anyone else in the industry. Our teams collaborate closely – from
sales, customer success, and business to dev and IT – and spur creativity in order to build the best job
matching platform for our customers.
We are looking for talented and creative team members who are passionate about
writing good code and building something awesome. You will be leading a small team of developers to build an
enterprise level web application as well as furthering development on an existing mobile app. You will be
taking a pivotal role in decision making for Toolbelt by providing expertise on choosing and architecting
the stack for our new web platform. We are looking for someone that can design and write code quickly and
efficiently. Along with writing code you will be participating in regular code reviews and testing. You will
help set and maintain code standards, as well as ensure the team follows best test-driven development
- Java API
- React Native iOS and Android mobile apps
- React.js Web App
- Architect, implement and launch elegant and maintainable applications and systems
- Work closely with the Customer Success, Business, and QA team to craft, scope and implement new features
- Adopt and promote best-practices and technology for performance, usability, and testability
- Implement features and perform audits of existing features to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Wear multiple hats. We are a relatively small organization and it is vital that everyone is prepared to do
things that may not be part of their regular workflow
- Work closely with and help organize off-shore and remote developers.
- Lead daily standups and participate in sprint planning.
- Design and implement dev ops processes/pipelines.
- 2+ years of experience developing, launching and evolving scalable web applications
- Experience with React Native, Java
- Experience with multiple full-stack web frameworks
- Experience building APIs for internal and public-facing use cases
- An expert command of HTML and ability to write modular and responsive CSS
- B.S., B.A., or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum development methodologies
- Contribution to open source projects