Become a part of the team behind the team.
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we do more than basketball. We bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. We are pioneers and innovators. We look for people who push boundaries, who dream, who are committed to inclusivity – who want to contribute to Rip City!
As our IT Project Manager Business Analyst, you will be responsible for overall project coordination, status reporting, financial reporting, and stability of complex and cross functional project-oriented work efforts. Additionally, you will be responsible for eliciting and cataloging business requirements from various stake holders and effectively communicating them to technical vendor teams.
- Leading multiple projects simultaneously
- Establishes and implements industry best practice project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet or exceed the needs of clients.
- Negotiates and communicates changes regarding the scope, budget, or schedule of projects.
- Leads risk and issue resolution and project finances.
- Identifies program level changes and the potential impacts to all related projects and initiatives.
- Research new products and emerging technologies to solve business problems.
- Responsible for product feature comparison, vendor and product scoring, sourcing, and selection.
- Facilitate demos with vendors and manage new vendor/product adoption.
- Creates strong working relationships with the business and being an effective delivery ambassador for IT.
- Job activities are split as 40% project management and 60% business analysis.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time, on budget and/or with the approved scope.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple small-medium projects, application implementation and deployments, with multiple workstreams, and/or technical consulting projects simultaneously in a technical environment.
- Manage projects confidently yet carefully with incomplete information; bring structure where there is ambiguity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications, including SharePoint, OneDrive, OneNote, Visio, and Microsoft Project or similar tool.
- Ability to estimate project activities, and control costs while maintaining quality.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, manage and mitigate risks and resolve issues self-sufficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver project status updates and presentations to technical and non-technical audiences and to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to train, organize and motivate high-performing and diverse teams.
- Proficient in eliciting business requirements from partners, translating business requirements to technical teams and vice-versa, and performing requirements traceability.
- Ability to work with external vendors, plan and facilitate vendor demos, and manage the vendor selection process.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong conflict management experience.
- Effective problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent meeting facilitation skills with ability to drive meeting purpose.
- Experience assisting teams with identification of action items, activities, and tracking progress.
- Experience in defining, implementing, and continually improving standards, processes and procedures utilizing industry best practice (PMI, CMMI, etc.).
- Experience in successfully working within a matrix organization structure with some level of ambiguity.
- Experience developing project estimates and budgets, IT financial reporting.
- Experience in training teams on PMI standards, preferred.
- Experience with implementing QA processes and procedures, preferred.
- Practical experience within the sports and/or entertainment industry, preferred.
- Experience in consulting services desired, preferably management consulting, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree - Business or Technology or equivalent experience.
- PMP Certification, preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Project Management and Business Analysis/Vendor Selection with medium-large size projects in application/infrastructure solutions.
- 3+ years’ experience leading technical and non-technical resources.
- 3+ years’ experience at gathering requirements from different partners and communicating them to vendors and technical teams.
- 3+ years’ experience with vendor and product sourcing and selection, product feature analysis/comparison, business analysis and requirements management
Offers of employment are conditional upon the results of a background investigation. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories and review results on an individual basis.
The Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter embraces diversity and inclusion. We celebrate individual expression and uniqueness on our campus. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination. We are committed to hiring individuals that reflect the community we serve without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
PERKS: We invest in our employees inside and outside of work. Our benefits package for full-time teammates includes:
- Competitive Healthcare Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Maternal & Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off (3 weeks + 11 holidays)
- Wellness Perks
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking + Discounted Mass Transit Passes
- Discounted & Complimentary Tickets
- Ongoing Learning & Development