The IT Manager is responsible for the end-user computing environment, including devices, services, software, and customer support ensuring we have the tools in place to effectively manage, support and secure these endpoints.
- Manage implementation of a robust systems management platform, enabling endpoint management, software distribution, security, patch management, and remote access for all end-user systems
- Identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions that enable us to meet our business objectives
- Manage the Desktop support functions, providing consistent, high-quality end-user support, while developing plan and tools to implement a managed desktop environment
- Serve as the primary escalation point for unresolved/unsatisfactory tickets
- Administration of software licensing for end-user systems and services and plan for renewals and new purchases, ensuring compliance with licensing requirements on all end-user systems
- Manage the purchasing, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of all end-user systems, including devices, operating systems, software, peripherals and their refresh cycles
- Establish and maintain service delivery performance indicators including queue monitoring and display
- Supervise and mentor support staff, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Assist in drafting and enforcing computing policies and security practices and participate in the analysis and remediation of security incidents.
- Analyze and develop staffing plans to ensure support extends to all users worldwide
- Identify and develop training materials/sessions to increase the technical competency of all Biamp employees
- Manage IT resources and vendors to support the rollout of new technologies and services to users
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge, and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Information Technology
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing desktop support functions and a diverse technology team
- Experience supporting a minimum of 400 end-users, preferably global
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology
- Leading implementation of ITIL v4
- Experience administering systems management tools in a Microsoft enterprise network, including SCCM, Group Policy, and Active Directory
- Experience administering the Microsoft business technology stack (Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, CRM)
- Experience automating the deployment of operating systems, software, and patches and deploying security and remote access policies and solutions
- Proven management and leadership attributes - in particular: strategic thinking, qualitative and quantitative problem solving, team development, risk management, and organizational leadership performance
- Experience in problem-solving, process improvement methods, and business re-engineering methods
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and project milestones
- Strong interpersonal skills, relationship-building, and experience working in a collaborative environment with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Experience with sourcing, contracting, and managing outside vendors.
- On-call availability after hours and weekends
- Occasional travel to other domestic/international locations (travel is not currently required due to COVID-19)
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Biamp offers competitive pay plus fantastic benefits!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled