Become a part of the team behind the team.
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we do more than basketball. We bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. We are pioneers and innovators. We look for people who push boundaries, who dream, who are committed to inclusivity – who want to contribute to Rip City!
As our IT Game Support Technician (part-time), you will be integral in helping with all Game Day IT support functions.
- Assisting with stats technologies, scoring equipment and functions, as well as timing systems and equipment
- Working with NBA stats system testing with offsite provider (Genius)
- Working with NBA officials, locker room technology and belt pack setup & testing protocols
- Working with Zoom call technology, supporting portable Zoom carts for home and visiting teams, home and visitor bench and locker room technology support
- End of game status reporting
- Other duties as assigned
WE’D LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU:
- Have experience with basic computing, troubleshooting, wiring, and using support tools.
- Are proficient in basic networking, windows, and support applications.
- Are willing to learn systems and technologies used to support NBA gaming.
- Can learn, think and act quickly under pressure to support NBA game activity.
- Can represent yourself professionally and have the ability to wear a mask for long periods of time.
- Can lift up to 50 lbs.
- Have basic understanding of NBA game format, preferred.
- Have 1+ years’ experience with equipment setup and strike, live technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Have proven experience in a high-stress environment.
- Have prior experience in professional game setup, preferred.
- This role demands arrival to every Trail Blazer home game, four hours prior to tip-off. Assist with setup of all game systems, ability to work up to an hour after game to support NBA Referee needs, providing other IT support functions in Red Zone as needed, assisting with other events as required.
- Total hours per game – 7 approximately
Offers of employment are conditional upon the results of a background investigation. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories and review results on an individual basis.
The Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter embraces diversity and inclusion. We celebrate individual expression and uniqueness on our campus. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination. We are committed to hiring individuals that reflect the community we serve without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.