***We are unable to work with 3rd-party or corp-to-corp candidates for this position***
Position Concept and Basic Function
Manages the information technology needs of the USA West province offices, employees and center staff, including system upgrades, budget management, purchases of new hardware/software, troubleshooting, supporting, and training users. The position requires an onsite presence in the Portland Oregon offices.
Users Served – Approximately 60 on staff (located in Portland, Oregon; Los Gatos, California and staff working remotely) plus a staff of 400+ in very limited capacity of mostly in regard to password resets, email forwarding and other minor functions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provides support to users and for devices in Portland and escalated services in Los Gatos.
- Support provided to all levels of management, staff, and other users with assistance from Freshservice and Zoho Assist.
- Supports the Province in the development and updating of the province technology policy.
- Prepares and monitors the annual IT budget and related purchases.
- Consults with Senior IT Associate regarding budgetary needs.
- Delivers recommendations to the Operations Committee and Provincial about future IT developments/strategy to meet the province’s ongoing technology needs.
- Manages the Province’s IT infrastructure and day-to-day IT operations both onsite and cloud.
- Cloud user management and general configuration/troubleshooting
- On-Site network equipment and general configuration/troubleshooting
- Creating, planning, purchasing, and providing maintenance procedures for SHJC phone server and desktop/laptop hardware and software, and network hardware.
- Manages network hardware and software management including planning, designing, TCP/IP networking including DNS, DHCP, subnet management, configuration, WAN management, and troubleshooting. (Brocade, Ubiquiti, and Fortinet)
- Manages network security including firewall management, VPN, and intrusion detection.
- Plans and consults with IT Vendors for application management including installation, integration, database and application management, and user support.
- Coordinates and approves software services for province departments as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring IT Infrastructure complies with PCI DSS Requirements.
- Responsible for SharePoint site setup and management.
- Responsible for Microsoft Teams setup and management for users.
- Collaborates and consults with Senior IT Associate, Socius and IT Vendors on a scheduled basis.
- Supervises the Senior IT Associate.
- Provides ongoing professional development via different platforms to staff and users relating to Office 365.
- Member of the North American IT Committee. Participates in regular meetings and travels for national meetings and/or training as required.
- Travel to Los Gatos Office when needed.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience with Azure Active Directory and administrating Microsoft 365 services.
- Experience using common computer applications including email, web browsers, etc.
- Additional experience and requirements:
- Microsoft Exchange Online
- Windows 10/11, iOS, macOS, and Android OS
- Managing a budget
- Brocade switches
- FortiOS – Fortinet firewalls, switches, and wireless access points
- VPN tunneling
- Office 365
- Wireless network equipment of Fortinet and Ubiquiti
- Network security
- Cybersecurity training and ongoing education
- Excellent oral and written communication, organization skills.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Patient in dealing with users at different skill levels.
- Willing to be on call and work after hours/weekends.
- Self-motivated, innovative.
- Able to lift 25lbs.
- Able to climb 8’ ladder.
- Able to connect cables (cables can be near the floor, or behind a desk, etc.)
- Excellent customer service skills, strong attention to details, and excellent follow-up.
- College degree preferred.
The position is exempt in Portland, Oregon.