POSITION: IT Business Relationship Manager
SALARY: $82,515.00 - $128,962.00 Annually
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
The Port of Portland is a gateway to the globe, we operate multiple airports, marine terminals and business parks that connect people and passengers, drive economic growth and improve our region's quality of life. The IT Business Relationship Manager (BRM) will be a business optimization and innovation champion. This role will shape the demand for a finite pool of IT resources and provide highly valued strategic consulting level support and guidance throughout business-IT initiatives. The BRM will act as a strategic interface within assigned Port business areas for the purpose of business-IT strategy development, solution discovery and development, project management, and prioritization.
We are looking for a proactive leader to serve as a 'trusted advisor,' and function as a key point of contact for business stakeholders to help drive the Port's business strategies through technology solutions. The successful candidates will exhibit a strong sense of team-orientation, is highly collaborative, and who embraces the value and importance of service. This person will share our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion and advancing practices, strategies and policies that achieve equitable outcomes for all.
THIS RECRUITMENT WILL BE FILLING TWO IT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP MANAGER POSITIONS
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain a strategic relationship with key internal customer stakeholders and IT teams
- Understand and anticipate direction of the business areas, identify opportunities and make recommendations to support the assigned business areas desired future state
- Participate in short and long term strategic planning sessions with internal business clients to improve business processes
- Prepare, present and lead stakeholder business planning and strategy meetings
- Be a key communicator with internal business clients and IT project managers to maintain awareness of progress, risks and results of initiatives
- Facilitate prioritization of IT initiatives based on business needs, strategy, workload and budget
- Work with business stakeholders and technical resources to cultivate appropriate solutions required to meet Port business goals
- Act as the conduit representing the business strategies and priorities to IT and the IT vision to the business
- Lead and may champion IT change management activities (i.e., frequent communication to staff and clients about the change and the impact of the change, advocacy, coaching, and mitigation of resistance to minimize disruption and achieve desired results from initiatives that are triggered/enabled by technology)
- Analyze technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of business goals
- Advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on end-user products and services, business processes and system priorities
- Ensure stakeholder's expectations are set and identifies and resolves disconnects through negotiation or governance mechanisms
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, system analysis is desired OR any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the job duties (required)
- 5 years of experience in IT management, business analysis, consulting, process engineering or solutions management or other related area (required)
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance for unescorted access to secured areas at the Port of Portland, including Portland International Airport and various Marine facilities (required)
- Experience with identifying, documenting, and monitoring key business processes needed to achieve successful business results
- Advanced knowledge with developing frameworks for process improvement; understanding of business functions to analyze and propose technical strategies for the business and mapping and documenting processes
- Practiced at gathering and analyzing information or data on current and future trends of best practice
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient at assessing benefits, risks, and costs and presenting them to the business
- Skilled at communicating effectively and building key partnerships which will influence, inspire and motivate others
- Effective presentation skills that include verbal, graphical and written techniques
- Defined business acumen, strategic thinking, sound decision making
- Anticipate internal and external business needs and take appropriate action
- Proactively seek out opinions, advice, and feedback from others
- Shows the utmost respect for others and is a proven team player
- Demonstrate the Port's commitment to valuing differences among individuals and passion for being inclusive
- Understand and speak the language of the business and then translate business needs into technical requirements
- Demonstrate organizational savvy, and understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate obstacles and politics
- Apply solutions to business problems
- Effectively drive short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals
- Voluntarily take the first steps to identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues, and opportunities
- Collaborate with other members of formal and informal groups in the pursuit of common missions, vision, values and mutual goals
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy by defining and organizing tasks, responsibilities and priorities
- Promote safety as a guiding principle and a regular practice in accomplishing work with a focus on safety improvements
- Safety: The Port promotes safety as a guiding principle and practice in accomplishing work by complying with safety and health policies and procedures and consistently seeking improvements that support operational excellence.
- Diversity and Inclusion: At the Port, we don't just accept difference; we value and support it to create a culture of inclusiveness and fun. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement: The Port of Portland is dedicated to maintaining and improving a work environment, which extends equal opportunity to all individuals, regardless of their race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation. Employment decisions shall be made in such a manner as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity and to comply with state, federal and local laws. We affirm through this policy statement our continuing commitment to the principles of nondiscrimination and affirmative action.
- Veterans Preference: Under Oregon law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans preference when applying for Port of Portland positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans preference for this job, please provide the qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
- Background Checks and Drug Testing: The Port of Portland will conduct background checks and/or drug tests for positions where such tests are required by regulation and for other safety-sensitive positions.
- ADA Accommodation: Accommodations will be considered for applicants or candidates with a qualifying disability that prevents them from participating in this process. Accommodations will be made where the Port can reasonably do so without imposing an undue hardship on the business or compromising the integrity of the recruitment process. An applicant with any disability who believes that they need an accommodation should contact Human Resources at 503.415.6000
FOR APPLICATION CLOSING DATE AND TO APPLY ONLINE, VISIT: https://portofportland.com/Careers