Biamp Systems seeks a Hardware Test Engineer to design production tests and test fixtures for digital signal processing products and accessories. This is an experienced-level position.
- Design, document, and implement production tests for new products in collaboration with design engineers and manufacturing. Major items may include:
- Develop test plans.
- Design and implement test software to control Biamp products and standard and custom test instruments (Audio Precision Analyzers and custom-built electronic fixtures).
- Design mechanical test fixtures.
- Design electrical test fixtures.
- Configure windows-based test platforms and PC hardware.
- Maintain current test fixtures and software.
- Seek out and implement more efficient testing strategies for the range of current Biamp products.
- Serve as the first-responder to test technicians’ questions, suggestions, and problems.
- Suggest product changes to Design Engineering to improve product quality, and testability.
- Analyze and resolve hardware test issues.
- Provide training to factory workers on testing and debugging products.
- Prepare and submit progress reports.
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (prefer Electrical and Computer Science Engineering).
- 1-4 years of experience in related engineering position.
- Understanding of audio signal test methods.
- Understanding and experience with JTAG boundary-scan testing.
- Knowledge of communication protocols including serial, I2C, SPI, Ethernet.
- Experience with programming or scripting languages like: C#, VB, C++, .NET, and Python
- Experience programming windows applications.
- Experience with mixed signal circuit design and test.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint).
- Possesses excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and can work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and diffuse challenging situations using acceptable and appropriate methods.
- Able to multi-task and be flexible in a dynamic work environment while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to lift 10 lbs. frequently and up to 50 lbs. periodically.
- Stand or sit for long periods.
- Perform tasks (that may be repetitive) that require reaching, pushing, pulling, kneeling, walking, stooping and/or bending.
- Work in an environment that generates OSHA permissible machine noise levels.
- Use tools that require fine hand skills.
- Visually, observe and differentiate small moving parts.
- Ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as required in designated areas.
- In-office or on-site attendance is required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Biamp offers competitive pay plus fantastic benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, and a 401(k)plan including match.