Who We Are
Adpearance is a rapidly-growing technology company in Portland, Oregon with deep software development and digital marketing capabilities. We are currently looking to add a Full Stack WordPress Developer to our team.
This specific position on the Research & Development team focuses on building scalable website solutions in WordPress. We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to help our product team advance to the next level by helping us develop not only amazing WordPress sites on the front-end, but a scalable, reusable platform in the backend.
Responsibilities also include collaborating with other developers and our design and product teams, developing new product features, writing unit tests, performing code reviews, and improving development process efficiency.
We want to hire smart people who like to work, love a challenge, and want to be a part of something special!
If you join the team, you'll be:
- Leading the charge for our WordPress website solution. You’ll be guiding our platform architecture, developing plugins, establishing best practices, and mentoring our team on how they can do the same.
- Building cool stuff. We’re building new technologies, plugins, and improving processes constantly. You will be a primary driver in helping us move the needle, both for our customers and our organization.
- Working with a collaborative, high-performing team of strong technical talent. The right candidate will wow them and be challenged by them.
- Balancing a combination of innovation and new feature development with maintenance of existing technology.
- Part of the solution. We want developers who have a perspective, and you’ll have a voice in the approach.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You like building cool websites. You have a portfolio of awesome work to share. We want to see samples of the sites you’ve built!
- You have a strong academic record. A CS degree is preferred but not required with relevant experience.
- You get things done. You don't just solve problems. You find new ones and solve those too. You can identify code inefficiencies and how to refactor them, while taking full code ownership for your latest release.
- You can be a partner and a leader. You can help mentor our other designers and developers, and help us Adpearance grow its expertise in WordPress site development.
- You are a problem solver. You can understand the full scope of a problem and build a solution that addresses the need from start to finish. And you love to do it.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Four or more years of experience as a full-stack developer working with related technologies.
- A team culture that prioritizes people over politics and forward-progress over egos
- A creative, fast-paced, high growth environment
- Competitive salary and benefits, 401k matching, and commuter/cell phone benefits
- Generous PTO days - in addition to paid holidays
- Career growth and learning opportunities to add new skills to your resume
- A commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace
Adpearance is not currently sponsoring work visas for this role. Authorization to work in the U.S. is required to be considered.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Adpearance is dedicated to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace, which includes unbiased recruiting, hiring, and employment practices. Applicants and employees are treated with respect, and provided opportunities – free of discrimination of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital or parenting status.