Buildable, a custom software development company based in McMinnville OR, is looking for an entry-level software engineer to join the development team.
We are looking for someone who approaches software holistically, since you will cater to both user experience and functionality. You will be on cross-functional teams responsible for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), from conception to deployment. You should be comfortable around both frontend and backend coding languages, as well as development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. If you are also familiar with Agile methodologies, let’s talk!
Who is Buildable? We are a team of dynamic and motivated people, creatives, engineers, and project managers who build creative and innovative software solutions for our clients. We work hard, have a sense of humor, value human connections, and invest in the ongoing training of our people. Great people make great software.
We envision a world in which software development is an engine for creative thinking, efficient work, and productive, happy organizations. We build software that serves people, not the other way around. Our collaborative approach, Agile mindset, and passionate team combine to deliver solutions that help our clients solve business challenges from the major to the mundane.
The Software Engineer duties include and are not limited to:
• Writing clean, functional code on the front- and backend
• Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues to ensure responsiveness and performance
• Troubleshooting, debugging, and upgrading software
• Implement best-practice security and data protection settings
• Building the frontend of apps with appealing visual design
• Following provided UX/UI design systems and frontend style guides
• Participating in the design and creation of scalable software
• Participating in the design of client- and server-side architecture
• Ideating software solutions with developers, designers, and product managers
• Participating in design-engineering review
• Estimating time to complete development tasks (and continuously improving estimations)
• Meeting with customers when necessary
• Following task acceptance criteria
• Performing quality assurance testing
• Reporting progress during standups
• Communicating task progress with Project Manager(s)
• Occasional (rare) work in evenings or weekends to meet software delivery deadlines
• BS or MS in computer science, engineering, statistics, or related field
• 1-4 years of demonstrable experience required
• Experience with multiple front- and backend languages and libraries:
o Angular and/or ReactJS
o C#, Java, or PHP required (C# preferred)
o ASP.NET or Laravel required (ASP.NET preferred)
o Relational databases required (Microsoft SQL Server preferred)
o Data formats: JSON, XML, or CSV required (JSON preferred)
o Source control: Git required
• Working knowledge of Entity Framework (with LINQ) or other ORM
• Hosting environment knowledge desired: AWS, Azure
• Web server knowledge desired: NGINX, Apache, or IIS
• Familiarity with Agile and Lean methodologies, Scrum framework
• Familiarity with GitLab or Jira desired
• Experience in API design and development
• McMinnville, OR
• Local candidate highly preferred. Remote will be considered for the right candidate.
The perfect candidate is one who:
• Likes challenges and to work in a fast-paced environment
• Uses time wisely and asks for clear priorities
• Understands the need to deliver key functionality first, then build out the details
• Clarifies expectations and references before jumping into code
• Takes time to prepare thoughtful questions and possible solutions
• Has a real eye for detail and spotting design patterns
• Enjoys following through and clearing ambiguity
• Addresses conflict with empathy
• Enjoys going the extra mile to deliver high-quality code
• Values UX/UI design and seeks to understand best practices
• Is well-spoken and communicates clearly and directly
• Can grasp and convey effort-level of technical solutions
• Takes initiative and enjoys helping others
• Enjoys discussing and optimizing processes and systems
• Is a lifelong learner
• Truly believes “teamwork makes the dream work”
• Enjoys “leaving no stone left unturned” and investigating the unknown
Ready to apply?
Please send inquiries to email@example.com. Include PDFs of your resume and a cover letter. Reference “Full-Stack Software Engineer” in the subject line.
Buildable is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Buildable reserves the right to close the position at any time before the deadline if it is fulfilled prior to the posted deadline.